Follow GSUFANS.com on

Thread: GSU vs Florida (Football)

Default GSU vs Florida (Football)

When my son was three years old we were watching the UGA v Florida game on TV. The Florida mascot had smoke blowing out of his nostrils. My son declared that from that moment on, the Florida Gators were his team. I have tried to convince him that he needs to follow the Eagles but the more I pushed the more he dug in. Next fall he will be a 17 year old junior in high school. We are going to the GSU v Florida football game on November 23. Today I purchased two tickets (Section 5, Row 73, $50 each) from their ticket office because I was not sure I could get some if I waited to purchase from the GSU ticket office. We plan to set up a visit with their admissions office. I wish he was an Eagle but I have to tell you that I am looking forward to that road trip with my son.
    West Georgia Eagle
    Temple, GA
    Class of 1981

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by West Georgia Eagle View Post
    When my son was three years old we were watching the UGA v Florida game on TV. The Florida mascot had smoke blowing out of his nostrils. My son declared that from that moment on, the Florida Gators were his team. I have tried to convince him that he needs to follow the Eagles but the more I pushed the more he dug in. Next fall he will be a 17 year old junior in high school. We are going to the GSU v Florida football game on November 23. Today I purchased two tickets (Section 5, Row 73, $50 each) from their ticket office because I was not sure I could get some if I waited to purchase from the GSU ticket office. We plan to set up a visit with their admissions office. I wish he was an Eagle but I have to tell you that I am looking forward to that road trip with my son.
    My wife is a huge Gator fan. Her uncle was the center for Florida when Spurrier was the QB and they were roommates. I don't hate Florida but I'm a full blown Eagle! My dad is friends with the president of the Gator boosters and got us hooked up with tickets. Going to be very interesting in my blue and white but I'm looking forward to walking in and out with my head high!

Default Re: GSU vs Florida (Football)

I grew up a gator fan and still am. My Dad played one year on the JV team there and I grew up in Jax so it was a natural fit. Plus there wasn't Eagle Football when I was a growing up. I had every intention of going to UF and the main reason why I didn't was because I had an opportunity to play football at Southern. I never pursued it, but Statesboro and Southern seemed to get stuck in my the back of my head. A few years later something drew me back there and it was one of the best decisions of my life.

I have spent a great deal of time in G'ville, been to a lot of games there. It's going to be interesting for me that day, but I will be wearing the blue and white.

I understand your predicament and I have a feeling I may be in the same situation in a few years, but in my opinion it is hard to fault him for picking a school like UF. It's a great school with a lot of well connected alumni which could benefit him down the road.

Regarding admissions to UF it is TOUGH these days. Basically like getting into an Ivy league school. If his grades are near the top of his class he needs to get on it so he can have a chance there.

Pike51, are you going to hang out at the PIKE house that day? I plan on stopping by. I know a few guys there. Plus, you can't beat being right in front of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by pike51 View Post
    My wife is a huge Gator fan. Her uncle was the center for Florida when Spurrier was the QB and they were roommates. I don't hate Florida but I'm a full blown Eagle! My dad is friends with the president of the Gator boosters and got us hooked up with tickets. Going to be very interesting in my blue and white but I'm looking forward to walking in and out with my head high!
    I'm a Gator fan once a year. Can you guess when?

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    I'm a Gator fan once a year. Can you guess when?
    +1
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    +1
    +1 more.