SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is There Anyone Left...

Default Is There Anyone Left...

who believes this coaching staff deserves another game, nevermind another season!? I've been very vocal about the incompetence of the offensive staff since their hiring was announced. I've been a donor and season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and I'm really thinking of walking unless the whole staff is fired and replaced with an option coaching staff.
    This is different than BVG or Hatcher. Sewak was taking us nowhere and we blew up the program. The program was in great shape until this bunch got here.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

If there is, id love to have a short discussion on positivity and how it is maintained by these people

Because those are some impressive skills and I'd like to learn how.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Default Re: Is There Anyone Left...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    who believes this coaching staff deserves another game, nevermind another season!? I've been very vocal about the incompetence of the offensive staff since their hiring was announced. I've been a donor and season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and I'm really thinking of walking unless the whole staff is fired and replaced with an option coaching staff.
    This is different than BVG or Hatcher. Sewak was taking us nowhere and we blew up the program. The program was in great shape until this bunch got here.
    Same here, however I did like Sewak's offense. Discipline and defense were his problems. What we saw last night is what you and I have been saying all season and I certainly don't see any way anyone could possibly defend this staff. Every year I spend @1500 a year on donations/ tickets just for football, not including away games, travel, tailgating, etc. I wish I could do more but I have 3 kids so it doesn't come easy. I have also never discouraged people from giving even during the vangoober years, but this is totally different. These coaches are lost, out of their element, and ZERO changes have been made, and here we are 8 games later looking worse every week. That said, I will be done with giving next year UNLESS BIG CHANGES ARE MADE NOW. I'm sure my money is chump change, but enough of us small donors can have an impact. Personally I'd rather disband the program than see crap such as this week in and week out so I'm done giving UNLESS changes are made. Judge me harshly, I don't care, but if the coaching staff stays, TK needs to go. Last night was embarrassing beyond belief for our kids that were out there trying. They deserve better.
    GATA!

What's the right time to throw out your entire playbook on offense and offensive system? Mid-season? While still trying to get bowl eligible?

When's the right time to be looking for an offensive coach? How does it affect recruiting?

I support CTS, but these next few days and weeks are moments where we see what kind of head coach he plans to be ... and how our AD and new president show how they deal with adversity as leaders. Tough decisions on the horizon and I, for one, hope our head ball coach has the wisdom, constitution, and support to right the ship.

... Before there's a mutiny.

CTS still has my support.

Quote Originally Posted by NWGaEagle View Post
    What's the right time to throw out your entire playbook on offense and offensive system? Mid-season? While still trying to get bowl eligible?

When's the right time to be looking for an offensive coach? How does it affect recruiting?

I support CTS, but these next few days and weeks are moments where we see what kind of head coach he plans to be ... and how our AD and new president show how they deal with adversity as leaders. Tough decisions on the horizon and I, for one, hope our head ball coach has the wisdom, constitution, and support to right the ship.

same here. OCs need to go. My thoughts on TS will be effected by how he corrects this.

Some of your questions can easily be answered.

When do you change the offense? FRIDAY morning ........... Summers grows some and fires those 2 H.S. coaches and makes a statement. We have 2 WEEKS until UL Lafayette. These kids were all recruited to run a option scheme. They'll figure it out and be used to their strengths.

Defensively recruiting is not affected. Offensively we were not having a strong recruiting season and recruiters will still remain with emphasis on TO scheme.

We all knew there would be growing pains with a new coach. It happens! Unfortunately, this offense looks completely lost late in the season.

This season is not lost ........ Southern has a chance to save it with a bowl appearance.

If Summers fires those 2 video game OC's, he will gain some support back. Winning will achieve the rest. Players don't look like they lost faith in Summers, but some are starting to question it if he keeps this crap offense.

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Some of your questions can easily be answered.

When do you change the offense? FRIDAY morning ........... Summers grows some and fires those 2 H.S. coaches and makes a statement. We have 2 WEEKS until UL Lafayette. These kids were all recruited to run a option scheme. They'll figure it out and be used to their strengths.

Defensively recruiting is not affected. Offensively we were not having a strong recruiting season and recruiters will still remain with emphasis on TO scheme.

We all knew there would be growing pains with a new coach. It happens! Unfortunately, this offense looks completely lost late in the season.

This season is not lost ........ Southern has a chance to save it with a bowl appearance.

If Summers fires those 2 video game OC's, he will gain some support back. Winning will achieve the rest. Players don't look like they lost faith in Summers, but some are starting to question it if he keeps this crap offense.
    In your explosion plan, who calls the plays, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    same here. OCs need to go. My thoughts on TS will be effected by how he corrects this.
    Correct this?, he is the one that got us in this mess in the first place, news flash, he isnt going to correct this. Corrections should have been made weeks ago. He may fire the staff but who will he choose to replace them?, his assessing skills at hiring good assistants is highly questionable. His mentor O'Leary was at game last night, maybe O'Leary has some connections in regards to oc's? His post game comments last night did nothing to make me think he knows or for that matter, have a clue in righting the ship. Not one time did he mention his dismal offense, said he's going to "watch tape", he's been watching tape all season, what good is watching tape when you cant coach up kids to make corrections. Yep, go watch tape, thats the answer.

In your explosion plan, who calls the plays, etc?
    Does it really matter who calls the plays when none of them work?

10. Default Re: Is There Anyone Left...

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Why would he bother to correct anything? He sure hasn't corrected anything up to this point.