SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to AP !

Default Re: Congrats to AP !

Congrats AP! and look who me made it in with. That's a list right there. Wow.

2. Default Re: Congrats to AP !

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Peterson!

From an on-field-accomplishments perspective, there's never been a more deserving HoFer.

AP's my all-time favorite athlete in any sport.
    Mine too, I think. Best football player I ever saw in person.
    “When you see someone putting on his Big Boots, you can be pretty sure that an Adventure is going to happen.”
    A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh

I know that we are celebrating him in the College Hall of Fame, just went and looked up NFL stuff since someone mentioned it.

He had an 8 year NFL career, was not a star, but that is surely well above average for length of career for an RB.

1,283 yards rushing on 311 carries, 4.1 Yards per Attempt
    665 yards on 78 receptions, 8.5 yards per Reception
    8 Rushing TD's
    13 Special Teams Tackles in 2006, 62 overall for his career (I remember Chicago being very pleased with his performances on ST)

maybe my favorite stat for him, which I had forgotten until right now:
    1/1 passing for 9yds and a TD in 2007, for a perfect QB rating of 143.7 (wish I could remember the game or circumstances for this...or some video!)

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...P/PeteAd00.htm

4. Default Re: Congrats to AP !

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I know that we are celebrating him in the College Hall of Fame, just went and looked up NFL stuff since someone mentioned it.

He had an 8 year NFL career, was not a star, but that is surely well above average for length of career for an RB.

8 Rushing TD's
    13 Special Teams Tackles in 2006, 62 overall for his career (I remember Chicago being very pleased with his performances on ST)

1/1 passing for 9yds and a TD in 2007, for a perfect QB rating of 143.7 (wish I could remember the game or circumstances for this...or some video!)

Didn't I read somewhere he's perfect as a passer in his football career? I know he had a touchdown pass (to JR?) at Southern, too.

No one more deserving of this honor. As great of a man as he was on the field, he is off it.

Very deserving!

It is an absolute travesty the Erk is not in there too!

That is awesome! We just had the CFBHoF thread here and most were saying how they felt GSU was lacking. Well, here we go! Now we just need to all get some collective push for Erk and we are good to go.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Quote Originally Posted by Nietsroob17 View Post
    Didn't I read somewhere he's perfect as a passer in his football career? I know he had a touchdown pass (to JR?) at Southern, too.

No one more deserving of this honor. As great of a man as he was on the field, he is off it.
    Well I found the NFL TD pass, it was vs the Saints on 12/30/2007 in the second Qtr with 5:51 left before half. Still haven't found video of it though, so if any of you youtube/internet video experts can scare it up with that information in hand, I'd appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post

8 Rushing TD's

I think it was in the last game of 2007, in which he started over the second half of the season.

That season was memorable for the "rugby scrum" touchdown against Denver, and AP's last 100-yard game--against the Packers in horrible weather with about as much passing as a GS/Wofford game.

That 2007 Bears' OL was probably as bad or worse than Minnesota's OL this season.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

From the Adrian Peterson Wikipedia page...

In 57 career games including the playoffs, he carried 1378 times for 9145 yards (6.6 avg), 111 touchdowns and an average of 160.44 yards per game.

Last time I saw AP a few weeks back I told him, "Hey i'm gonna start calling you AP9k. You deserve those yards the NCAA doesn't credit you with" and he gave me a wry smile.

Donnell Pumphrey just broke the all-time FBS rushing record (6,397). Danny Woodhead has the D2 record (7,962) and a kid from Mount Union has the D3 record with (8,074). All three of the others' records include postseason and bowl games. AP has the 1AA/FCS record with (6,559) per the NCAA FCS record book but when you include playoff games AP is the only person in the history of NCAA competition at any level to break 9,000 yards. Let his amazingness wash over you this Monday morning.
    Last edited by KCEagle; 9th January 2017 at 11:26 AM.

I'm like Briscoe Darling--this one makes me cry:

And those tears aren't just for all of those poor DBs (I bet chiropractors drool watching this, though).

48-straight 100-yard games. That's an unbelievable accomplishment and a testament to the way he played the game.

He ran like Earl Campbell--thirty or forty pounds heavier than his size--for fifty-seven games as an Eagle. That takes the heart of a champion, the mental focus of Joe DiMaggio, and the toughness of Lou Gehrig.
    Last edited by pete4256; 9th January 2017 at 12:00 PM.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown