SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congrats to AP !

Default Re: Congrats to AP !

One of the greatest NCAA RB's of ALL time. He is the legend! Way to go AP, so well deserved.

2. Default Re: Congrats to AP !

Congrats AP, a running machine.

3. Default Re: Congrats to AP !

Awesome news - congrats

Congrats AP
    CLASS OF '92
    B.S. Criminal Justice

Best FCS / DIV IAA player hands down. The numbers are not even a hint to how good he was because he came out early of so many games. I was at GS his entire career and was at Boone when the streak ended. App basically gave away a win to stop him but injuries likely would have ended it later on anyway.

This is the most automatic induction ever. Sorry for those that did not get to see him live, you missed a MJ type performance.

Over under on the national media not know this is our AP and not the other AP?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I'm so happy for him. He was (and still is) a legend when he was in school. I had a class with him one time and I remember being behind him one day as we were walked through campus on our way to class. It was crazy to see just how big of a celebrity he really was. Everyone would smile and shout out to him, or whisper to a friend "Hey, that's A.P.!". People would even get him to sign their text book. He was pretty modest about it all too. Seemed like a great guy even back then.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Best FCS / DIV IAA player hands down. The numbers are not even a hint to how good he was because he came out early of so many games. I was at GS his entire career and was at Boone when the streak ended. App basically gave away a win to stop him but injuries likely would have ended it later on anyway.

This is the most automatic induction ever. Sorry for those that did not get to see him live, you missed a MJ type performance.

Over under on the national media not know this is our AP and not the other AP?
    I'm glad we have something that we age on!

The only guy who comes close is Armanti Edwards.

Lo-res highlights don't do justice to the "AP effect" we witnessed over and over and over again from '98 to '01. There was an aura when we had the ball. It wasn't all AP, but he was the focal point.

And I think it affected opposing defenses, too. Look at all of those vicious stiff arms on DBs, and look at how timid some of them are about closing on him in the open field. They were afraid of him.

DL and LB also had to be mentally and physically prepared to wrap securely and gang-tackle every play. If you just laid a lick on AP, you were very likely to bounce off. He was like a cat--it was HARD to knock him off his feet. I've never seen another guy--especially at his size--with that running style. He put a lot of pressure on opposing defenses.

When he was a senior, more than one team conceded 50-70 points just to be the first to hold him under 100 yards.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

And I have to add that he's not just a sports hero. He'd have been a hero if he'd never picked up a football.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    And I have to add that he's not just a sports hero. He'd have been a hero if he'd never picked up a football.
    One of the greatest people I've ever met in my life. I've rarely walked away from a conversation with him without thinking, "He's probably just a better man than I am."
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

10. Default Re: Congrats to AP !

Awesome!! Well deserved!