Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 152

Thread: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

  1. Default Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    https://mobile.twitter.com/FBSchedul...77160770891784

    Coastal Carolina Stadium Capacity ~ 15k

    It's becoming more and more obvious that neither our stadium capacity nor the city of Statesboro is the problem when it comes to scheduling P5's.

    This is a 2-1 but I would much rather have a 2-1 deal than no deal at all. The most we have to get excited about is FAU and Houston.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/FBSchedul...77160770891784

    Coastal Carolina Stadium Capacity ~ 15k

    It's becoming more and more obvious that neither our stadium capacity nor the city of Statesboro is the problem when it comes to scheduling P5's.

    This is a 2-1 but I would much rather have a 2-1 deal than no deal at all. The most we have to get excited about is FAU and Houston.
    No thanks on the two-for-one. Especially with a P5 bottom feeder.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/FBSchedul...77160770891784

    Coastal Carolina Stadium Capacity ~ 15k

    It's becoming more and more obvious that neither our stadium capacity nor the city of Statesboro is the problem when it comes to scheduling P5's.

    This is a 2-1 but I would much rather have a 2-1 deal than no deal at all. The most we have to get excited about is FAU and Houston.
    +10000 TK needs to leave some of the egos the members on this board has behind and start scheduling. I dont care if KU is a bottom feeder we have to start somewhere and its a team like Kansas giving us a 2 for 1 so be it.

  4. Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    We can't afford a 2 for 1 home/home with anyone much less a lower P5 team. We need the payday $$ from one or two P5 away games each season. If we increase our contributions and other revenue streams then we can afford it. Frankly with a 25k capacity we will make as much money off another G5 as a lower P5.

  5. Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    We can't afford a 2 for 1 home/home with anyone much less a lower P5 team. We need the payday $$ from one or two P5 away games each season. If we increase our contributions and other revenue streams then we can afford it. Frankly with a 25k capacity we will make as much money off another G5 as a lower P5.
    Not when playing other G5's like Kent State and FAU become dull and we can only fill our stadium up halfway for those games. If we can get 25-30k to watch us play Kansas and only 14k to watch us play Kent St, then we are losing money only playing low to mid-tier G5's. If we can't afford a 2-1 deal, then how can CCU? They could barely afford to expand their stadium to 15k.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    I don't think we would get 30k to watch us play Kansas. There is hardly any one outside the state of Kansas that gives two craps about that University outside of basketball. There's not many in the state who care about it other than basketball. Houston is a better deal than they are.

  7. Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    I don't think we would get 30k to watch us play Kansas. There is hardly any one outside the state of Kansas that gives two craps about that University outside of basketball. There's not many in the state who care about it other than basketball. Houston is a better deal than they are.
    We had nearly 26k come watch us play ULM. We could get more to come see, Georgia Southern's first ever P5 game in Statesboro. The hype would be immense, especially if we knew it was a team we could beat like Kansas, Wake Forest, or Vandy.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    21,547

    Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Meanwhile App just got a deal with ECU, which is a big draw for them although it's another G5. Two games in Greenville, one in Boone, and one in Charlotte (with App getting all ticket revenue, so basically a home game). A game in Charlotte for App is much like a game in Atlanta for us, easy access for their fans and greater number of alumni.

    They've been killing it in scheduling.


  9. Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Not when playing other G5's like Kent State and FAU become dull and we can only fill our stadium up halfway for those games. If we can get 25-30k to watch us play Kansas and only 14k to watch us play Kent St, then we are losing money only playing low to mid-tier G5's. If we can't afford a 2-1 deal, then how can CCU? They could barely afford to expand their stadium to 15k.

    Our overall athletic budget is just north of $21million. We get paid between $750k and $1.3mil for pay day away games (if my memory is correct). We have 4 OOC games per season. One is usially a FCS warm up game. One or two are pay day P5 away games. The fourth is a G5 home/home deal. If we only have one P5 game then we would have two G5 games.
    We need all the pay day games we can do right now until our contrubutions increase. We would need to find another source to replace that money for two or three years. When you do a 1-1 or 2-1 deal the neither team pays the other for the game. I doubt we net enough money from a sell out home game to off set the loss of the pay day game away. Does anyone know what we clear after expenses on a home sellout and what attendance level we have to hit to break even for each game?

  10. #10

    Default Re: Kansas to play AT Coastal Carolina

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Meanwhile App just got a deal with ECU, which is a big draw for them although it's another G5. Two games in Greenville, one in Boone, and one in Charlotte (with App getting all ticket revenue, so basically a home game). A game in Charlotte for App is much like a game in Atlanta for us, easy access for their fans and greater number of alumni.

    They've been killing it in scheduling.
    And back to back 10 win seasons with bowl wins... they are leaving GS in the dust.

Similar Threads

  1. Coastal Carolina
    By SOARINGEAGLE in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 20th November 2010, 08:45 PM
  2. Coastal Carolina-who is going
    By SunBeltNightmare in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 17th September 2010, 10:40 PM
  3. GSU vs. Coastal Carolina on TV
    By BLUETIDE95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th September 2010, 08:01 PM
  4. Coastal Carolina
    By eaglechamp in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 16th December 2009, 08:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •