Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 154

Thread: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

  1. #141

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Local HIGH SCHOOLS have outgrown Hanner. LOL. SMH
    Wow...yet we keep pumping truck loads of money in every so often.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  2. Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    I never really understood why the high schools were having graduation in Hanner anyway.

    My high school graduated in the high school football stadium.

  3. #143

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I never really understood why the high schools were having graduation in Hanner anyway.

    My high school graduated in the high school football stadium.
    This. Hanner was built as a basketball facility, for which it's capacity is still appropriate for the amount of interest in GS basketball.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

  4. #144

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I never really understood why the high schools were having graduation in Hanner anyway.

    My high school graduated in the high school football stadium.
    It makes more sense for the smaller schools. Their gyms and stadiums can't fit as many people and they can't give out nearly as many tickets for graduation.

    In the case of SHS, Womack now seats 6,300 so there's actually more room than there is at Hanner. Of course if it rains they are SOL.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  5. Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    My high school graduated in the high school football stadium.
    Unfortunately, so did mine... about 2 hours of sweating in a shirt and tie, under a cap and gown, in the South Georgia June heat/humidity. It was miserable. I only WISH we had a Hanner nearby, I feel bad for the local kids that have to do that outdoors now.

  6. #146

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    My graduation started at like 6:00 or 7:00 pm and we held it in our football stadium. I remember it being pretty warm, but at least the sun had gone down.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    40,704

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    I sat in the baking sun for my high school graduation, but I think it was later like 7 p.m. It was June but I don't recall sweating buckets. I feel for anyone in Paulson at Spring semester.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  8. #148

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    It makes more sense for the smaller schools. Their gyms and stadiums can't fit as many people and they can't give out nearly as many tickets for graduation.

    In the case of SHS, Womack now seats 6,300 so there's actually more room than there is at Hanner. Of course if it rains they are SOL.
    There were some pretty serious thunderstorms for the 2004 and 2005 SEB graduations which I think were the last years for SEB having it at their football field. SEB's gym didn't have air conditioning and it had very limited seating so doing it inside there in May/June was a last resort.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    22,613

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Unfortunately, so did mine... about 2 hours of sweating in a shirt and tie, under a cap and gown, in the South Georgia June heat/humidity. It was miserable. I only WISH we had a Hanner nearby, I feel bad for the local kids that have to do that outdoors now.
    Klak and I went to Cairo. You ain't telling us nothing about heat/humidity. However I don't remember it being all that bad since it was at night.

    Spring graduation for Georgia Southern in Paulson is way worse.
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

    Arkansas State University

    October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2


  10. #150

    Default Re: Coliseum Feasibility Study Commissioned

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Klak and I went to Cairo. You ain't telling us nothing about heat/humidity. However I don't remember it being all that bad since it was at night.

    Spring graduation for Georgia Southern in Paulson is way worse.
    Ah ye ole Syrupmakers. I'm a Crisp County Cougar.
    "If you don't have the best of everything, make the best of everything you have." -Erk Russell

    Kegan Howard
    Class of 2014
    Alvarado, TX

Similar Threads

  1. Feasibility Study Analysis
    By BoroVids in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 30th July 2009, 08:38 PM
  2. Feasibility Study
    By DawgGoneEagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12th February 2009, 08:09 AM
  3. Feasibility Study
    By gsuradio in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st October 2008, 06:56 AM
  4. FBS Feasibility Study Forum
    By TCM in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2nd October 2008, 03:45 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •