SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pro Day

1. Default Pro Day

Even though none of our guys made it to the combine, which was expected, I saw where our Pro Day was March 30. Do you think Ukeme Eligwe could boost his stock and get a 6th 7th round call?

Default Re: Pro Day

Whatever his current stock should not be changed much by the pro day. Wherever he's at now, is where he'll be. Hopefully his late invite to the Senior Bowl helped. Honestly I think at best that's where he was before.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

3. Default Re: Pro Day

For sure, he should have stayed that's just my opinion, but his choice and got to respect it I hope he gets his name called !

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Even though none of our guys made it to the combine, which was expected, I saw where our Pro Day was March 30. Do you think Ukeme Eligwe could boost his stock and get a 6th 7th round call?
    Koo if he performs well IMO will benefit most from Pro Day.

For sure, he should have stayed that's just my opinion, but his choice and got to respect it I hope he gets his name called !
    For a sixth year when he has another mouth to feed? You should stay in your job forever and collect that check and have zero ambition to do anything better. See how that works when you offer your opinion on what someone "should do?" I know I sure don't like it. I was told by someone who would know that his raw talent and skills as a linebacker are way ahead of the guy we had drafted in the 5th year last year. We will see. But it's his decision. And so far as I know he completed his end of the bargain from when he agreed to come to Georgia Southern.

Sort of a short term pain for long term gain. Leaving with a solid degree would also is the safest bet for any football player and their family. I think with great year he draft status goes way up as he had some really good games and some head scratchers this year. If we were still in the FCS I could see leaving asap as not as many people are going to see you during the regular season. I just hope he gets drafted as it is easy to cut a non drafted guy over a drafted guy because GM's and coaches want to look smart. Of course wish him the best.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by KCEagle View Post
    For a sixth year when he has another mouth to feed? You should stay in your job forever and collect that check and have zero ambition to do anything better. See how that works when you offer your opinion on what someone "should do?" I know I sure don't like it. I was told by someone who would know that his raw talent and skills as a linebacker are way ahead of the guy we had drafted in the 5th year last year. We will see. But it's his decision. And so far as I know he completed his end of the bargain from when he agreed to come to Georgia Southern.
    He has better hips and feet than Williams, but Antwione was a much more polished and consistent LB going into the draft.

Williams' athletic tools aren't anything to sneeze at, either. He has two tree trunks for arms, and Eligwe doesn't.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Talked with Koo last night. He said KC scout called him and he will be at our Pro Day. He also said he has a private tryout with Miami Dolphins. Good timing for Koo, a number of NFL teams looking for kickers.

I'm interested to see whether we'll suppress the test results like we did last year. I want to know what Breida, Ellison, Upshaw, et al. run.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    He has better hips and feet than Williams, but Antwione was a much more polished and consistent LB going into the draft.

Williams' athletic tools aren't anything to sneeze at, either. He has two tree trunks for arms, and Eligwe doesn't.
    I would argue that AW looked the part better than Eligwe. Eligwe seemed to either dominate or be a no show when he was on the field, not much in between.