Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Sun Belt Menís Basketball Championship Bracket Announced

Default Re: 2017 Sun Belt Menís Basketball Championship Bracket Announced

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I guess my question then is what does it hurt? Sure there's a chance that it doesn't help. I just don't get what it hurts.
    because we could use the money in a better way. Extra recruiting trips or a Summer/Fall exempt tournament that gives us a week of exempt practices and a few games for next years team.
    The money is the only reason that I am against it.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    We're not even beggars, we have to pay to be involved with this **** show that no one gives a damn about.
    Oh no, a whole $35,000! Time to shut down the Athletic Department! If you don't give a damn, fine, don't watch. But I will watch. We win two games and we finish with a 20 win year. Something positive to build off of.
    Last edited by ditka4prez; 13th March 2017 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ditka4prez View Post
    Oh no, a whole $35,000! Time to shut down the Athletic Department! If you don't give a damn, fine, don't watch. But I will watch. We win two games and we finish with a 20 win year. Something positive to build off of.
    Everyone agrees that our sports programs are under funded, coaches aren't paid enough, etc. So what's $35,000 down the drain. TK please don't ask me to increase my donation if we have money to burn.

We turned down a pay to play tournament last year. But this year it's an honor............... Look past the smoke screen, this is nothing more than TK being able to say "The Men's Basketball team made a postseason tournament after XXX number of years"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Cant go along with you on this and you know I love yah and respect your hoop knowledge but unless Glenn and O'CONNELL improve drastically it will be touch and go no matter who the HC is. It's as obvious as the nose on my face we need a double/ double guy BADLY, I know I'm beating a dead horse with this, but I too know a little about basketball. I'll tell you what though, Glenn showed moments of very good stuff, his baby hook could be a weapon, I still think he could be a weapon for us but a consistent double double guy, I'm not so sure.
    His hands are too small so he can't hold the ball in the middle. Therefore rebounding and handling the ball inside is usually a turnover. Also, very low energy guy. Not down in him but his skill level is lacking for what we need. Until we get a Varnado type player who is fluid, strong hands and can move quickly inside we will struggle.

As far as the loss to Troy, we caught them at an awful time. They shot >60% from 3 and Person played lights out. Had Person played against us like he did against GagState or Texas State, we win the game. Varnado is going to get his points and play his game. Person is who sunk us.

Funny how the consensus is that TK is a moron for not spending $600k for 2 years for an OC and now he's a moron for spending probably $25k to enter the basketball team in the first round of a postseason tournament.

Funny how dang near nobody would have been screaming that the football team should turn down a 3rd rate postseason game but those same people are screaming that the basketball team should be turning down a 3rd rate postseason game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Funny how the consensus is that TK is a moron for not spending $600k for 2 years for an OC and now he's a moron for spending probably $25k to enter the basketball team in the first round of a postseason tournament.

Funny how dang near nobody would have been screaming that the football team should turn down a 3rd rate postseason game but those same people are screaming that the basketball team should be turning down a 3rd rate postseason game.
    Not the same.

Bowl game was played in front of a large audience on one of ESPNs two major channels.

Even if you make the finals (paying for every game along the way, mind you), you're still relegated to ESPNU.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Not the same.

Bowl game was played in front of a large audience on one of ESPNs two major channels.

Even if you make the finals (paying for every game along the way, mind you), you're still relegated to ESPNU.

So if the bowl game would have been on ESPU it would hve changed something? Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

So if the bowl game would have been on ESPU it would hve changed something? Nope.
    So you interested in my wager? I wouldn't mind seeing "Dave's my dad" in your signature

I'll even donate a ticket to support the cause.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Since there are 3 Sunbelt teams in this thing, I wonder if the conference had anything to do with this decision. Maybe to elevate the Belt, just a guess. I have no problem with us playing, give the kids a reward for hard work and who knows we may win a couple. Not much worse than 2 6-6 teams going at it in a bowl game. jmho
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    Everyone agrees that our sports programs are under funded, coaches aren't paid enough, etc. So what's $35,000 down the drain. TK please don't ask me to increase my donation if we have money to burn.

We turned down a pay to play tournament last year. But this year it's an honor............... Look past the smoke screen, this is nothing more than TK being able to say "The Men's Basketball team made a postseason tournament after XXX number of years"
    Our athletic budget has been growing by leaps and bounds over the past decade. We're adding Armstrong, it's going to increase further. We spend nothing on basketball normally. Spending $35,000 so our team can play an extra game is not the end of the world. I would play the bench major minutes to get them some experience. Some of you so called basketball fans seem pissed that this team gets to play more basketball. I don't get it. I'm not going to get lured into this anti-TK thing either.
    Last edited by ditka4prez; 13th March 2017 at 09:39 PM.