SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 206

Thread: Spring Game

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    28,469

    Default Re: Spring Game

    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    Shai would've have a beautifully thrown TD to Michaud if he had caught it.

    Rough day for 23. Kid would have had a monster day if he could catch. If he catches the 3 passes thrown his way he's well over 100 yards and 2 TD's receiving.

    He's 6'4 and was getting behind DB's. Work on those hands and he will be an absolute beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    24,766

    Default Re: Spring Game

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Rough day for 23. Kid would have had a monster day if he could catch. If he catches the 3 passes thrown his way he's well over 100 yards and 2 TD's receiving.

    He's 6'4 and was getting behind DB's. Work on those hands and he will be an absolute beast.
    thats the kid I was talking about, I'm not bashing him because he ran great routes, got separation, just got to catch them.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    24,766

    Default Re: Spring Game

    One other note, I got to see Half today and his son, met his dad. Folks, Halfs son is straight up drop dead handsome, gorgeous little guy! He even explained a China route to me!(no, just kidding about that).

  4. #74

    Default Re: Spring Game

    Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    Werts is our qb. I also think rashad byrd had himself a very good day. He's going to be a good one.
    Byrd was very noticeable. He was all over the field when in the game. Guys, I looked at the roster....we are very young, which gives me hope. Only nine senior on the roster. Wesley Fields looked great but didn't get a lot of snaps. Guess the coaches know what they have in him, and with Ramsby having to rehab to get ready, they probably didn't want to risk anything crazy happening to him. Michaud looks the part. We've got him running deep patterns, which he didn't do a lot of in HS or Prep School. I'm sure the coaches will work with him - kid's got great route running skills. Just got to catch the ball. Shuman reminded me of Jaybo, only with a better arm. Werts looks the part - legs and arm. Got to continue to develop and keep those grades up. Like what I saw considering so few practices.

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by straightshooter View Post

    Byrd was very noticeable. He was all over the field when in the game. Guys, I looked at the roster....we are very young, which gives me hope. Only nine senior on the roster. Wesley Fields looked great but didn't get a lot of snaps. Guess the coaches know what they have in him, and with Ramsby having to rehab to get ready, they probably didn't want to risk anything crazy happening to him. Michaud looks the part. We've got him running deep patterns, which he didn't do a lot of in HS or Prep School. I'm sure the coaches will work with him - kid's got great route running skills. Just got to catch the ball. Shuman reminded me of Jaybo, only with a better arm. Werts looks the part - legs and arm. Got to continue to develop and keep those grades up. Like what I saw considering so few practices.
    That's the second time in this thread that grades and Werts have been mentioned. Has this been an issue?

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Crawford, GA
    Posts
    2,881

    Default Re: Spring Game

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    One other note, I got to see Half today and his son, met his dad. Folks, Halfs son is straight up drop dead handsome, gorgeous little guy! He even explained a China route to me!(no, just kidding about that).
    Garns, was that you dressed all dapper today?

  7. Default Re: Spring Game

    Now, let's get ready for Auburn

  8. #78

    Default Re: Spring Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    That's the second time in this thread that grades and Werts have been mentioned. Has this been an issue?
    Good question

  9. Default Re: Spring Game

    Never been a fan of the 2 quarterback system...I think it killed at least a victory or 2 the last few years.

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I think shuman could be a very useful special weapon. His arm is great! Just get the right receivers.

    Sounds like Werts will probably be primary- it sure wouldn't hurt to have some kind of good long range QB.

  10. #80

    Default Re: Spring Game

    We stayed thru half time and honestly a great crowd with such a poor showing of our team last year Great weather as well. Glad we went. They are not going to show everything at a Spring Game but we were impressed and hopefully we will have a decent season. I even said wouldn't it be something if we were able to beat Auburn since they will have no idea what we are going to do against them. Was at Florida/GSU game and would love to catch someone early. Just win 6 games, bowl eligible and I am okay. Hoping we win at least 8 though. Wouldn't it be something if we got wins against Auburn and Indiana? Really want to go to Auburn just because have always heard what a great atmosphere. Looking forward to season!

Similar Threads

  1. spring game
    By sportsperson1983 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 6th February 2014, 05:05 PM
  2. Spring Game
    By EagleTeacher in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20th March 2012, 07:04 AM
  3. Spring Game
    By ValleyBoy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th February 2009, 10:22 AM
  4. Spring Game
    By Claydus in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 22nd January 2009, 05:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •