SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Game

1. Default Re: Spring Game

Probably Shuman would be a starter for Furman, Wofford or even App State. But unlikely with us, probably won't get a real chance. Talented no doubt just not with us?

2. Default Re: Spring Game

I can't imagine how Shuman would be a starter at Wofford if he isn't an option QB...and I've seen nothing really to make me think he could start at App State either...their starters over the last decade have been pretty damn good.

3. Default Re: Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I can't imagine how Shuman would be a starter at Wofford if he isn't an option QB...and I've seen nothing really to make me think he could start at App State either...their starters over the last decade have been pretty damn good.
    Just saying if Shuman decided other than option dominated Georgia Southern, he'd would have other possibilities and he has the talent to shop around if he so desires. Probably without an intial scholarship. Always got baseball to fall back on.

Default Re: Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Wasn't the short floater into the end zone dropped by #5?

Despite the drop, I was impressed by his athleticism and surprised that he's our #1 H-Back after approximately four practices. He probably would have scored on the long pass that Alexander caught.

That position appears to be something of a hybrid between A-Back and the TE position from 2014-16.

I guess that was technically a drop. That was going to be a really tough catch though. Twisting as he was hit. I liked what 5 showed though. But he didn't start I don't think. Though Alexander did. Wouldn't surprise me if he's our starter against Auburn though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

5. Default Re: Spring Game

No way. If he wants to play college football, his best bet is to go back to the hometown DII school - that's his football ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    agreed, but maybe he can be serviceable backup, who can come in and manage a game and change the bad guys game plan a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Why is he not an option QB??????!!!!1
    Slow, not quick and can't read the option pitch. Did you not see him last season?
    CLASS OF '92
    B.S. Criminal Justice

Quote Originally Posted by mrklean View Post
    Slow, not quick and can't read the option pitch. Did you not see him last season?
    I saw a true freshman struggle in a very poor immitation of an option offense.

8. Default Re: Spring Game

Quote Originally Posted by mrklean View Post
    The only option we ran last year with the exception of the Troy game, was the option to have no gain or lose yardage. Seriously, last season is not a good nor fair barometer of anyone's offensive ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Soweagle View Post
    That's the second time in this thread that grades and Werts have been mentioned. Has this been an issue?
    No!, my point about grades is that there are two things that can derail a promising football career, not keeping your grades up and injury.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    No!, my point about grades is that there are two things that can derail a promising football career, not keeping your grades up and injury.
    Good, I thought that was what you meant but then it was mentioned again....