SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About time to beat Apo and Gag St

1. Default About time to beat Apo and Gag St

Losing to both the last 2 years has inhale vigorously. To have App s coach make fun of our coaches and our offense last year is flat out embarrassing. Either CTS finds a way to beat these 2 or we need to find someone who can

Default Re: About time to beat Apo and Gag St

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    Losing to both the last 2 years has inhale vigorously. To have App s coach make fun of our coaches and our offense last year is flat out embarrassing. Either CTS finds a way to beat these 2 or we need to find someone who can
    Lets just start by focusing on beating UNH then see how the rest of the season turns out. After CS contract expires, a decision will be made to re-up him or fire him. Untill then, let's hope we win a bunch of games.

App has been our kryptonite for a long while now. They have the potential to be one of the best G5 teams this coming season with the guys they have coming back. A win in Boone with our young roster would be a welcome surprise.

Georgia State just plays way over their heads when they see us. They have 14 starters coming back, including an NFL caliber WR and a pretty dang good QB in Manning. Sure they've only won 10 games in the last 3 seasons, but getting rid of Miles is the epitome of addition by subtraction. No, they're not going to take the Sun Belt by storm, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them make a push for bowl eligibility. Still, there's 0 reason why we should've lost to them the last two years as bad as they've been.

Quote Originally Posted by kdarnell233 View Post
    App has been our kryptonite for a long while now. They have the potential to be one of the best G5 teams this coming season with the guys they have coming back. A win in Boone with our young roster would be a welcome surprise.

Georgia State just plays way over their heads when they see us. They have 14 starters coming back, including an NFL caliber WR and a pretty dang good QB in Manning. Sure they've only won 10 games in the last 3 seasons, but getting rid of Miles is the epitome of addition by subtraction. No, they're not going to take the Sun Belt by storm, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them make a push for bowl eligibility. Still, there's 0 reason why we should've lost to them the last two years as bad as they've been.
    It gets to me every time I hear Georgia State has only won 10 games in the last 3 seasons. 2 of those wins come from us.

5. Default Re: About time to beat Apo and Gag St

Year One: We went up to Atlanta Community College and wiped the floor with them. They were firing on all cylinders and we still beat them by twice their score in front of mostly Southern fans in the Ga Dome. Great day.

Year Two: Atlanta Night School Academy had our number. They had been preparing for us most of their season. We had a very obvious and exploitable weakness. This was the year we were shutout by WVU. We had just come from playing UGA and our heads were in the clouds. The perfect storm took us down at home.

Year Three: The Greater Atlanta School for the Homeless caught us in our worst season yet. Bad coaching and injuries were holding us down and it ended badly for the Eagles in Atlanta this day.

Now we're going back to our old ways, a varied version of the triple option from a PJ prodigy. I wonder if the right coaching and a few key players stepping up will be enough to beat the kitty cats into submission.

6. Default Re: About time to beat Apo and Gag St

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Year One: We went up to Atlanta Community College and wiped the floor with them. They were firing on all cylinders and we still beat them by twice their score in front of mostly Southern fans in the Ga Dome. Great day.

Year Two: Atlanta Night School Academy had our number. They had been preparing for us most of their season. We had a very obvious and exploitable weakness. This was the year we were shutout by WVU. We had just come from playing UGA and our heads were in the clouds. The perfect storm took us down at home.

Year Three: The Greater Atlanta School for the Homeless caught us in our worst season yet. Bad coaching and injuries were holding us down and it ended badly for the Eagles in Atlanta this day.

Now we're going back to our old ways, a varied version of the triple option from a PJ prodigy. I wonder if the right coaching and a few key players stepping up will be enough to beat the kitty cats into submission.
    There was no excuse for 2015. The UGA OT loss was TWO weeks prior. We wiped the floor with South Alabama the week before we played GA State.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebacker View Post
    If I recall PJ couldn't even win in Boone. Losing to them is nothing new, we are what 10-14-1 vs Crapp St.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

They had no head coach and still beat our brains. No excuses for that loss.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 3rd April 2017 at 07:59 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    There was no excuse for 2015. The UGA OT loss was TWO weeks prior. We wiped the floor with South Alabama the week before we played GA State.
    +1,000,000,000,000
    No excuse. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    If I recall PJ couldn't even win in Boone. Losing to them is nothing new, we are what 10-14-1 vs Crapp St.

They had no head coach and still beat our brains. No excuses for that loss.
    PJ did win up there in 2001, but he's the only coach we've had to have an overall winning record vs. App.

Go .500 vs App and I'm not ecstatic but I can live with it. They are a quality program and there is no shame in losing to them.

Georgia State is a different situation. It's imperative that we get back to .500 ball vs them THIS year and winning at a > .500 clip going forward.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

We need to get back to beating a lot of people, I'm not obsessing on just those 2 schools, we need to start winning and get that "target" back on our backs!