SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: @ Ole Miss 2020 - $1.4 Million

Default Re: @ Ole Miss 2020 - $1.4 Million

[QUOTE=1peatfor7;839938]From what I read on here, the Miami game was not part of the season ticket package. So not only did you have to buy season tickets, you had to pay an extra $XX for the Miami game, which I thought that same post said $90.
    [/
    QUOTE]

Wow, that's a lot! I can't imagine that would be correct. 1) our fans would crap a golden brick if they had to pay $90 for one game, 2) IF they did pay that and we got a sellout it would be $2.2M just for ticket sales. 3) If we could charge that much and our fans still paid it, and IF we could get a P5 H&H, that would go a long way toward going hard after it on the negotiating table instead of getting the pay day game.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What did I say that wasn't true?

Your top SEC teams cheat to be elite. Ole Miss cheated just to be good. But it was widely known that Ole Miss was out cheating the rest of the SEC. Tunsil was proof of that. They were so wreckless with that, that it still amazes me it took them so long to get caught.
    [QUOTE=KJ Eagle;839948]
    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    From what I read on here, the Miami game was not part of the season ticket package. So not only did you have to buy season tickets, you had to pay an extra $XX for the Miami game, which I thought that same post said $90.
    [/
    QUOTE]

Wow, that's a lot! I can't imagine that would be correct. 1) our fans would crap a golden brick if they had to pay $90 for one game, 2) IF they did pay that and we got a sellout it would be $2.2M just for ticket sales. 3) If we could charge that much and our fans still paid it, and IF we could get a P5 H&H, that would go a long way toward going hard after it on the negotiating table instead of getting the pay day game.
    If it gave us an additional home game above 6, it'd be easily rationalized tacking on an additional 50/60/70+ dollars to include such a home game. Considering those of us who would spend that much on going to the same game if it was away anyway, plus the added expenses of an away game. Not a bad idea to offset getting paid to travel.

Especially if you market/promote it as that.
    Buying the game for our house.
    But do we have enough seating to give such a team a decent allotment for their fans, while allowing us to capitalize on the opportunity?

It's a catch 22 I guess. These games will help sell season tickets. While more season ticket holders are needed to justify expanding Paulson.

I think the hardest part is finding an acceptable P5 that will give us a 1 for 1 home and home. And not a 1 for 2. That's the real revenue and future schedule killer.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    This is not related directly to any posts above, but does anyone know or have heard what it costs our athletic program roughly to run a game-day? (This is not including revenue generated for that day)
    I can't speak to either input on this number (revenue or expenses), but I heard a comment in 2010 that we profited about $250,000 from a home game. Obviously attendance has increased since then.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    I can't speak to either input on this number (revenue or expenses), but I heard a comment in 2010 that we profited about $250,000 from a home game. Obviously attendance has increased since then.
    Much has changed since 2010. We now have more people at games, which requires more staff, but we also have more corporate advertising which is where the big money comes in, I believe. It would be interesting to get a new figure since the expansion and the move up.

I want an FCS home game that year so we can have 7 home games to make up for the ridiculous 5 again the year after that.

6. Default Re: @ Ole Miss 2020 - $1.4 Million

Quote Originally Posted by eaglemark View Post
    I want an FCS home game that year so we can have 7 home games to make up for the ridiculous 5 again the year after that.
    Wow, that would be great but would undoubtedly be a AD nightmare and possibly lead to fan eruption the following year... imagine what the season ticket/parking prices will be like in 2020 with SEVEN home games, that include Houston and probably App. Our AD could charge a premium that year (rightfully so). However, relative to prices, what happens the following year when we have just an FCS game and 4 SBC home games? IDK, but it might be in our best interest to add another away payday in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Wow, that would be great but would undoubtedly be a AD nightmare and possibly lead to fan eruption the following year... imagine what the season ticket/parking prices will be like in 2020 with SEVEN home games, that include Houston and probably App. Our AD could charge a premium that year (rightfully so). However, relative to prices, what happens the following year when we have just an FCS game and 4 SBC home games? IDK, but it might be in our best interest to add another away payday in 2020.
    We don't get a break when there are only 5 games, so why should we pay more for 7?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

8. Default Re: @ Ole Miss 2020 - $1.4 Million

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    We don't get a break when there are only 5 games, so why should we pay more for 7?
    IMO we shouldn't (other than typical inflation), but I would be (pleasantly) shocked if their was not an increase before that 2020 season if we have 7 home games.

What did I say that wasn't true?

Your top SEC teams cheat to be elite. Ole Miss cheated just to be good. But it was widely known that Ole Miss was out cheating the rest of the SEC. Tunsil was proof of that. They were so wreckless with that, that it still amazes me it took them so long to get caught.
    The only current elite team in the SEC is Al. I am just saying you as a dwag fan should not be throwing stones. Being better at paying athletes and hiding your garbage is not a badge of honor.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    The only current elite team in the SEC is Al. I am just saying you as a dwag fan should not be throwing stones. Being better at paying athletes and hiding your garbage is not a badge of honor.

What "stone" did I throw? Again, what did I say that wasn't true?

Funny I'm getting a lesson in not throwing stones from the guy who went on and on about teams on the Fulmer Cup while we were racking up something like 12 offseason arrests.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.