SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kleinlein could be on the move

Default Re: Kleinlein could be on the move

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Not taking away anything from TK but the stadium expansion had to happen in order to go FBS. Any dumb*** could have come in and over saw that. The new FOC is indeed impressive but was being planned years before it was built in 2013. The stadium is only 500 seats larger than KBS, and as far as scheduling goes, we'll have to wait and see.
    How do you know the same thing can't be said of Doug Gillin? He hasn't been around that long.

They've been wanting another place for the track for a while, and from what I can tell from what people on CSN say the thing about buying the WCHS property was in the works for a while (for which they are borrowing money).

I can see praising Charlie Cobb, but Gillin hasn't proved anything. The fact that App State fans were tired of Charlie Cobb is just another example of how fickle fans can be with ADs. If you stick around long enough you eventually become a villain.

BTW, if we do find ourselves in search of another AD, I hope we will consider Scott Farmer. Nothing against Lisa Sweany (would love to have her as an associate AD), but I want someone who can fund raise.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

BTW, if we do find ourselves in search of another AD, I hope we will consider Scott Farmer. Nothing against Lisa Sweany (would love to have her as an associate AD), but I want someone who can fund raise.
    I agree with this. I want an someone who has been successful working in a FBS athletics program with football.

Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    How do you know the same thing can't be said of Doug Gillin? He hasn't been around that long.

They've been wanting another place for the track for a while, and from what I can tell from what people on CSN say the thing about buying the WCHS property was in the works for a while (for which they are borrowing money).

I can see praising Charlie Cobb, but Gillin hasn't proved anything. The fact that App State fans were tired of Charlie Cobb is just another example of how fickle fans can be with ADs. If you stick around long enough you eventually become a villain.

Why Farmer? Wasn't he recently relieved of his AD job at one of the Louisiana schools? What was the story behind that?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    It gives us a chance to get an FBS quality AD like App and GAST have now and I'm tired of watching them pass us by. App is getting everything its ever wanted getting rid of the track, getting a new huge video screen, having amazing schedules lined up for the future. I want that.
    When did they get rid of that TRACK?

I honestly have no problem going with somebody from outside Statesboro/Georgia/South again. I just want them to be honest, and willing to do everything they can to improve our school. Leave no stone unturned.
    "If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

Dusty Fowler
    I.T./B.Mgmt.
    GSUAF Member
    P69 - Section 108

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    When did they get rid of that TRACK?
    They haven't yet, but they finally made a property acquisition in recent days that they have been trying to make for years, and it is expected that the T&F, Softball and some other programs will be moving to that new land area, making the demolition of the track at KBS a goal that can finally be realized.
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

8. Default Re: Kleinlein could be on the move

I know a lof of people at Armstrong and been told the AD there can't fundraise a nickel. She would be nothing more than a 2 month interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Why Farmer? Wasn't he recently relieved of his AD job at one of the Louisiana schools? What was the story behind that?
    From what I recall, there was no indication that his leaving was anything other than voluntary. I could be wrong.
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

Many of us have known dan for a long time. 1peat and myself knew him well in college and he is close to being at that next level. He knows gsu and it's culture and history very very well.

http://givetoathletics.com/people/dan-odowd/