Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

1. Default Re: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

More people attended Armstrong women's soccer games than men's basketball games this year. 335/330 avg. So yes, the community didn't seem to care about the school athletically a whole lot. Safe to say more people care today then they did a year ago at this time.
    Last edited by Savannahkid; 14th April 2017 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Added info

Default Re: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2011fan View Post
    I've seen numbers in here that say it was only a few hundred. What I would like to see are alumni donation amounts- both athletic and academic.
    An arena that averages only 10% capacity just SCREAMS die hard passionate fan base who is going to be utterly disgusted and devastated with the loss of their athletic program.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

I can't see much difference in a symbolic acknowledgment of the Armstrong influence to Ga Southerns heritage going forward than when the Teachers Uniforms were featured.

4. Default Re: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

No comparison whatsoever - I mean, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    I can't see much difference in a symbolic acknowledgment of the Armstrong influence to Ga Southerns heritage going forward than when the Teachers Uniforms were featured.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrthe1 View Post
    Yes. We are annexing them. They will be as much a part of history as GTC and Erk Russell. Anyone who can't bear the thought of one game or even one season of a pirate patch on the football uniforms is the real snowflake.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I for one am getting tired of the PC bull crap. Pull the bandage off quickly. The "new" GS has a satellite campus in Savannah GA. And it's name is GS. This is getting stupid. Our logo doesn't change, our mascot doesn't change! The only real thing that changes is Armstrong, it no longer exists! Again, pull the darn bandage off and get on with it.
    THIS!!!

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

7. Default Re: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

I just don't get the anger toward the Armstrong community. They want a seat at the table so they can salvage about 5-10% of what they have now. Also, the students govt is organizing to fight the athletic fee, since they lost sports on campus. Going to be an interesting process over the next 9 months.

8. Default Re: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by Savannahkid View Post
    I just don't get the anger toward the Armstrong community. They want a seat at the table so they can salvage about 5-10% of what they have now. Also, the students govt is organizing to fight the athletic fee, since they lost sports on campus. Going to be an interesting process over the next 9 months.
    I doubt our athletic department would let an entire third of the school off the hook when it comes to the athletic fee. They'll figure something out to make them pay even if it's moving some sports down there or hosting tournaments there. Those students might not like it but even if they never come to a game, they still benefit from going to a national D1 school. In fact, their current $190 athletic fee isn't too much of a difference from our $230 fee. Now if they didn't want to pay the FBS fee or the stadium expansion fee on top of that like all Statesboro students have to do, then I'd be okay with that.

9. Default Re: Changes to Logo and/or Mascot?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    I doubt our athletic department would let an entire third of the school off the hook when it comes to the athletic fee. They'll figure something out to make them pay even if it's moving some sports down there or hosting tournaments there. Those students might not like it but even if they never come to a game, they still benefit from going to a national D1 school. In fact, their current $190 athletic fee isn't too much of a difference from our $230 fee. Now if they didn't want to pay the FBS fee or the stadium expansion fee on top of that like all Statesboro students have to do, then I'd be okay with that.
    I think it's pure fantasy to think the Armstrong campus will be paying anything close to the current $190. I could be wrong, but I think the student government gets a vote on the fee before the BoR sets it. Calling them snowflakes I am sure will help the cause of getting them on board to help pay for our athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannahkid View Post

I think it's pure fantasy to think the Armstrong campus will be paying anything close to the current $190. I could be wrong, but I think the student government gets a vote on the fee before the BoR sets it. Calling them snowflakes I am sure will help the cause of getting them on board to help pay for our athletics.
    Go to the Access Bowl and win and all these upset Armstrong people will be on the bandwagon at least for a short period of time.