Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Baseball: Little Rock Series

Default Re: Baseball: Little Rock Series

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    This year's Sun Belt is far from the 4-bid league I thought we could be at the beginning of the year, but just one bid is asinine. We're currently ranked 9th out of 31 conferences in RPI and could easily move up another spot or two. I get how the ACCs and SECs of the world get the benefit of a doubt in football and they get 12 teams into bowls because everyone knows the players on those teams, but this is baseball. Name recognition is next to zero, so it's nothing more than money games and the P5s swinging their junk around that grants them such a disproportionately large number of at-large regional bids.
    P5's dont want nothing to do with G5's period. If the SB had one team with 40 or more wins by now I think you would hear talk of 2 teams going to NCAA but NO team has stood out this year, just alot of parity. We are going up againest one of the best pitchers in the SB tonight, the kid is 8-2. Lets hope we brought the bats and Chally is on!

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    I saw a Baseball America projection of the NCAA tourney field, and as of now they have the Sunbelt as a 1-bid league represented by USA. I know the teams are beating each other because we have such a deep league, but I just don't see how they could hold us to a single bid. That's would be terrible.
    I just don't see any at large bids this season with likely no one making to the "magic" 40 win mark. We lead the league with 30 wins with 11 left, plus the tourney. We'd need to go 9-2 at worst, plus would need to win at least 2 more tourney games.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

I do feel that the sunbelt will get in 2 teams this year but it won't be us unless we win the tourney. If South Alabama or ULL win the tourney, I think the other gets the at large as long as they don't collapse down the stretch. Both have strong RPI's and of course this depends on how they finish and the type of run they can make in the tourney. We need to win the tourney, no other way about it. I always thought the magic 40 wins was regular season only, anyone know if that includes tourney games too?

Our conference is deep enough to deserve 2 or even 3 bids, but not enough of our teams have finished the drill with sweeps or OOC games, so we probably will only see 1, maybe 2 if we are very lucky. We got the job done during the midweek games, where we have probably had the best season in atleast the 7 years I have been following, but the early struggles and inability to a sweep has hurt us. We are sitting at 86 in RPI. If we can get the series at ULL (rpi - 59) and the midweek at GT (rpi - 54) we would be helping ourselves out. I don't think we can afford to lose any of the others based on RPI rank: stAte (188), Kennesaw (148), Gagst (209). Just playing those teams will probably bring our RPI down.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    P5's dont want nothing to do with G5's period. If the SB had one team with 40 or more wins by now I think you would hear talk of 2 teams going to NCAA but NO team has stood out this year, just alot of parity. We are going up againest one of the best pitchers in the SB tonight, the kid is 8-2. Lets hope we brought the bats and Chally is on!
    Chally complete game, 2 earned runs BUT, pitchers dual, we get 3 hits, they get 5. 3-0 loss. Darn, a tough one.