Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Baseball: Little Rock Series

Default Re: Baseball: Little Rock Series

Looking at the schedules, USA may need an Atlanta sports team type implosion for us to catch them, based off the teams they play. We have to take the series at ULL, and get sweep against Ark State and/or GaSt to even have a shot at the regular season title. UTA still has to play Coastal, Ark St, and TxSt, so we might get a few games back from them, but with how USA is sitting, it looks like it's going to come down to the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Looking at the schedules, USA may need an Atlanta sports team type implosion for us to catch them, based off the teams they play. We have to take the series at ULL, and get sweep against Ark State and/or GaSt to even have a shot at the regular season title. UTA still has to play Coastal, Ark St, and TxSt, so we might get a few games back from them, but with how USA is sitting, it looks like it's going to come down to the tourney.
    +1, USA is solid and always are. Had a real nice talk with Challenger yesterday, sat with him for about 4 innings yesterday as he kept stats on Cohen. First, I told him what a great game he threw but as our conversation went on HE brought something up that imo was pretty cool. You know how on here we pull our hair out because we should have gotten a sweep and didnt?, Well, Chally, out of no where says, "Garns, you know what really ticks me off and the guys?", I said, "No, what?". He says, "Because we SHOULD HAVE HAD A BUNCH OF SWEEPS this season". He then went down series by series saying how we should have swept. I just smiled and said, "Well, its over(the past), next weekend the season starts." He said they love playing at ULL because the stadium is packed, they know their baseball and yes they get on you but if you play well, make a play, they applaud you. What I took out of our conversation is what I've always said, X's and O's are way overraited(Im not saying there not important) but what it really comes down to is the player doing his job, talent and effort, CB didnt miss the open 20 foot jumper and CH didnt get the sac. bunt down, the kid did. I love this teams attitude. Chally also had high praise for Curry, he thinks Curry could go down as one of the best 2nd baseman in GS history. Curry carries himself very professionally, never gets to up or down, very buisness like. Chally said, ever since I've been here, I have never seen a freshman like him.

Curry does have the best walk up song.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, USA is solid and always are. Had a real nice talk with Challenger yesterday, sat with him for about 4 innings yesterday as he kept stats on Cohen. First, I told him what a great game he threw but as our conversation went on HE brought something up that imo was pretty cool. You know how on here we pull our hair out because we should have gotten a sweep and didnt?, Well, Chally, out of no where says, "Garns, you know what really ticks me off and the guys?", I said, "No, what?". He says, "Because we SHOULD HAVE HAD A BUNCH OF SWEEPS this season". He then went down series by series saying how we should have swept. I just smiled and said, "Well, its over(the past), next weekend the season starts." He said they love playing at ULL because the stadium is packed, they know their baseball and yes they get on you but if you play well, make a play, they applaud you. What I took out of our conversation is what I've always said, X's and O's are way overraited(Im not saying there not important) but what it really comes down to is the player doing his job, talent and effort, CB didnt miss the open 20 foot jumper and CH didnt get the sac. bunt down, the kid did. I love this teams attitude. Chally also had high praise for Curry, he thinks Curry could go down as one of the best 2nd baseman in GS history. Curry carries himself very professionally, never gets to up or down, very buisness like. Chally said, ever since I've been here, I have never seen a freshman like him.
    Thanks for the post Garns, always good to hear the players perspective. UTA & ULM stick out as series we should have swept.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    Thanks for the post Garns, always good to hear the players perspective. UTA & ULM stick out as series we should have swept.
    and this weekends. Chally also said the kids catch for the final out in game one vs CCU was amazing.

Shuman starting Sunday. He cracked the weekend rotation.

I saw a Baseball America projection of the NCAA tourney field, and as of now they have the Sunbelt as a 1-bid league represented by USA. I know the teams are beating each other because we have such a deep league, but I just don't see how they could hold us to a single bid. That's would be terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    and this weekends. Chally also said the kids catch for the final out in game one vs CCU was amazing.
    I was there. That catch was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Shuman starting Sunday. He cracked the weekend rotation.
    Challenger-Cohen-Shuman.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    I saw a Baseball America projection of the NCAA tourney field, and as of now they have the Sunbelt as a 1-bid league represented by USA. I know the teams are beating each other because we have such a deep league, but I just don't see how they could hold us to a single bid. That's would be terrible.
    This year's Sun Belt is far from the 4-bid league I thought we could be at the beginning of the year, but just one bid is asinine. We're currently ranked 9th out of 31 conferences in RPI and could easily move up another spot or two. I get how the ACCs and SECs of the world get the benefit of a doubt in football and they get 12 teams into bowls because everyone knows the players on those teams, but this is baseball. Name recognition is next to zero, so it's nothing more than money games and the P5s swinging their junk around that grants them such a disproportionately large number of at-large regional bids.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.