Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 23 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft Recap

1. Default Draft Recap

What are your thoughts on our eagles being drafted? Who has the best chance of making a team? I believe besides Eligwe, we should have had 7 or 8 other signings to FA deals.

Default Re: Draft Recap

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    What are your thoughts on our eagles being drafted? Who has the best chance of making a team? I believe besides Eligwe, we should have had 7 or 8 other signings to FA deals.
    You tell us!
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUALLDAY25 View Post
    Eligwe because of his 5th round draft status has the best opportunity at sticking. Because Ironhead can play 3 different positions along with special teams I think he may impress. Breida due to his NFL speed, may get an honest shot at empressing the coaches. I also think Koo is maturing/getting stronger so he may get a "fair" shot. The bottom line, while I'm pulling hard for our guys, it's a serious uphill battle for a undrafed free agent to make it.

What's the difference in signing as an undrafted free agent and getting an invite to rookie camp? Do you get paid during rookie camp, and then if you make it there get signed as a UFA?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Kevin Jenny
    C/O '94
    BS - Building Construction and Contracting
    Lawrenceville, GA

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    What's the difference in signing as an undrafted free agent and getting an invite to rookie camp? Do you get paid during rookie camp, and then if you make it there get signed as a UFA?
    Look at the open threads, there is a link to a good right up.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    As a UDFA you get paid at rookie camp, but not at your contract rate...IIRC Garrett was making about $800/wk before taxes, plus his room, board, and meals were all picked up by the Chiefs. Even though you sign your rookie contract before going to camp, you don't actually get that salary until you make the roster.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Eligwe: Drafted alone makes his odds good to atleast make the practice squad, which means you are one injury away from a roster spot. He has the tools to make the team of he can pick up the playbook quick enough.
    Gallon: Fits the mold for a Bruce Arians player, should get a long look as at least a special teams contributor or a practice squad player.
    J-Croc & BJ: he and BJ may have the greatest chances of the UDFAs. GB didn't have hardly any depth at WR by years end, and 9ers have very few big names now that Torrey Smith is gone. Both may stockpile some WR and have a few extras on the practice squad.
    Dawson: Toughest road because he has to make it out if rookie camp to even be in team camp.
    Brieda: He is going to have to impress either in the return game or as a back. He has the tools, just has to prove it to the coaches.
    Kwon: OL may be one of the toughest positions to make it, especially being undersized. He has the heart, just needs to leave it all out there.
    Koo: if he can show that he can hit the extra point 10 out of 10 times he can make the team. Hitting consistently from 45 plus with the range to hit from 50 plus will definitely help his odds.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Eligwe: Drafted alone makes his odds good to atleast make the practice squad, which means you are one injury away from a roster spot. He has the tools to make the team of he can pick up the playbook quick enough.
    Gallon: Fits the mold for a Bruce Arians player, should get a long look as at least a special teams contributor or a practice squad player.
    J-Croc & BJ: he and BJ may have the greatest chances of the UDFAs. GB didn't have hardly any depth at WR by years end, and 9ers have very few big names now that Torrey Smith is gone. Both may stockpile some WR and have a few extras on the practice squad.
    Dawson: Toughest road because he has to make it out if rookie camp to even be in team camp.
    Brieda: He is going to have to impress either in the return game or as a back. He has the tools, just has to prove it to the coaches.
    Kwon: OL may be one of the toughest positions to make it, especially being undersized. He has the heart, just needs to leave it all out there.
    Koo: if he can show that he can hit the extra point 10 out of 10 times he can make the team. Hitting consistently from 45 plus with the range to hit from 50 plus will definitely help his odds.
    I think Koo and Eligwe are locks to make the team. The Charger fans were all over needing a good kicker I guess theirs missed some crucial kicks this year.

Other than that it is all just if there is room on the teams. One more year under Fritz and Brieda would have been drafted and would not have had such a long road ahead of him. I think his speed might get it done for him, hope he can pack on a little more weight. The rest just have to ball out and impress all are good character guys and we see that played a huge part in this years draft as well.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

All of these guys better show out on special teams. Their best opportunity is on special teams. AP had a nice career as a good special teams performer.

Curious if the Chiefs inquired details on Eligwe being "suspended" for one of the games in 2016 due to an attitude issue at practice.