Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A preview of the Auburn Game. From Their perspective.

Default Re: A preview of the Auburn Game. From Their perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Hell, I thought it was 60 too. I should've looked it up.

How many points did WVU hang on the Iggles a couple years ago? I ask because that sure felt like a 60-0 beatdown.
    Pretty sure it was 44

Auburn??? Really discussing Auburn's scrimmage opener? I'm desperately hoping we don't get embarrassed by New Hampshire on our home field - again! We've got some pretty good young players on the roster and maybe Cook can get some offense going, but the Captain of the ship will likely "inspire" underachievement. At least that's what history says.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    How many points did WVU hang on the Iggles a couple years ago? I ask because that sure felt like a 60-0 beatdown.
    Now that was an example of an offense not giving any help to the defense.

I didn't feel like they scored 60 points to me, but it did feel like we scored less than 0.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I think our offense will put some points on the board, my concern like I've posted is our defense and its ability to pressure the QB. If we DONT pressure Auburns QB he will pick us apart.

The problem with the digital revolution is that "articles" like this can't even be used as toilet paper in an emergency.

6. Default Re: A preview of the Auburn Game. From Their perspective.

We'll score one TD. I can see a 38-7 loss. We ain't gonna be good this year gents. 6-6.

7. Default Re: A preview of the Auburn Game. From Their perspective.

Our defensive line is questionable at best. How soon can our new DL recruits contribute will be interesting and will probably determine how much ultimate pressure we'll put on opposing offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

I don't know what games you watched last year, but we lead time of possession by an hour last season total.
    Wasted stat. Situations tell the real story.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    Auburn??? Really discussing Auburn's scrimmage opener? I'm desperately hoping we don't get embarrassed by New Hampshire on our home field - again! We've got some pretty good young players on the roster and maybe Cook can get some offense going, but the Captain of the ship will likely "inspire" underachievement. At least that's what history says.

Thanks for your thorough analysis! I was thinking of making the trip but after reading your preview I and the team should probably stay home. Thanks for being such a great supporter of Georgia Southern!
    Buzzy Banks Augusta College 1982
    Lauren Beattie Banks, my wife, GSC 1981
    Lee Banks, 3rd son, GSU 2010
    William Banks, 4th son, GSU 2013
    Eagle fan since Lee became an Eagle under Hatcher
    Athletic Foundation member since 2015

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzEagle View Post
    Thanks for your thorough analysis! I was thinking of making the trip but after reading your preview I and the team should probably stay home. Thanks for being such a great supporter of Georgia Southern!
    I am a great supporter of Georgia Southern. TK made a mistake hiring Tyson Summers (and he knows it) but I guess we have to let it all play out. I've been critical of the hire since Savannah State and I didn't see ANY improvement over 12 games. That tells me the players lacked motivation and the coaches were as confused as Mike Sewak putting on his visor. Thank goodness KE4 and the Seniors took control of their final game and went out winners. 6-6 is a very generous prediction. 3-9 is more like it IF we can squeak by UNH, NM ST, and Coastal. I've seen this movie before (as have you) '07-'09.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA