Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 18 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 175

Thread: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

  1. #1

    Default So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    I can't remember a year when there was so little mentioned on here about the CC. I couldn't make it to my usual venue in Augusta since it was on Thursday, there wasn't one in Swainsboro, and uhh.. Tuesday in Dublin didn't work. So, I missed out. Anything new or different since the posts of the Evans County event?
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    40,604

    Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    I'll give you a report Monday and Tuesday from the Atlanta caravans.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  3. #3

    Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    We don't have a first-year coach in any major sport this year (or I think any sport for that matter).

    I'd be curious what TK is saying about the merger (though apparently they don't know many details yet). And would also be curious about what he's saying about the financial picture of athletics.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

    Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

  4. Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We don't have a first-year coach in any major sport this year (or I think any sport for that matter).

    I'd be curious what TK is saying about the merger (though apparently they don't know many details yet). And would also be curious about what he's saying about the financial picture of athletics.

    I'm no amazing Kreskin, but I would bet he will blame our fans for being cheap.

  5. #5

    Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'm no amazing Kreskin, but I would bet he will blame our fans for being cheap.
    I will say it. Our fans are cheap. Our alumni to booster base is pathetic.

    Too many people say they can't afford to be a booster, but yet buy a case of beer every weekend. For only $10 a month, you are part of the Athletic Foundation. If you can't give $10, then give what your budget allows.
    Heath Vickers
    Degree from Georgia Southern - BBA in Accounting in 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida

  6. Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleLaw View Post
    I will say it. Our fans are cheap. Our alumni to booster base is pathetic.

    Too many people say they can't afford to be a booster, but yet buy a case of beer every weekend. For only $10 a month, you are part of the Athletic Foundation. If you can't give $10, then give what your budget allows.

    Our fans are young. Our school is very young (compared to UGA, Tech, U of F and so forth.). Our school was born in the mid 80s. Prior to that, it didn't exist. Not in a form which would ever have been on any sports radar.

    As y'all may have noticed, I have a real problem with TK insulting our fans. He does it a lot-and it is extremely unprofessional.

    Does he really think he will shake more money from people he insults? Really??

    He needs to praise those who give and encourage others to join them. Never, ever should he insult any fans. Entirely inappropriate, and completely unproductive.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    40,604

    Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I'm no amazing Kreskin, but I would bet he will blame our fans for being cheap.
    Fake news!! Our 230 richest alumni have the ability for a 1 time donation of over $30M for a major project or a capital campaign. The fans who do care, unfortunately are not in that income level. It's no secret that one of our richest alumni's company sponsors over 40 universities except his own.

    Two less Starbucks a month and you can donate the $10/month, 5 less soft drinks a month when you eat out.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 7th May 2017 at 07:20 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  8. #8

    Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Our fans are young. Our school is very young (compared to UGA, Tech, U of F and so forth.). Our school was born in the mid 80s. Prior to that, it didn't exist. Not in a form which would ever have been on any sports radar.

    As y'all may have noticed, I have a real problem with TK insulting our fans. He does it a lot-and it is extremely unprofessional.

    Does he really think he will shake more money from people he insults? Really??

    He needs to praise those who give and encourage others to join them. Never, ever should he insult any fans. Entirely inappropriate, and completely unproductive.
    There are folks on this board who have given to GS for 30 or more years, guess what we were when we started, 20 somethings.!
    As has been pointed out,anyone can give $10 a month.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

  9. #9

    Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    Our event in Savannah is Friday night. Please join us! The details are over on the Tailgate Forum.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

  10. Default Re: So no more Coaches Caravan comments?

    The alumni to booster ratio is a problem that rests largely at the feet of the AD. I'm aware of a P5 school who'll likely be moving on from their current AD because he's failed to raise the bar in terms of cash flowing into their foundation. From what I understand, a big part of the problem is that he's more in it for himself than he is a proud leader of this particular university's athletics program. In my opinion, that's part of the problem with TK - he's not "True Blue". The fact that we have such a low donor base is reason enough to put him on notice, IMO.



    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    There are folks on this board who have given to GS for 30 or more years, guess what we were when we started, 20 somethings.!
    As has been pointed out,anyone can give $10 a month.

Similar Threads

  1. Coaches Caravan
    By Eagle22 in forum Tailgate, Travel and Meeting Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th April 2015, 08:22 PM
  2. Coaches Caravan
    By 81eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23rd April 2015, 02:31 PM
  3. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 5th May 2014, 05:02 AM
  4. Atlanta Coaches Caravan 5.10
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th May 2013, 10:39 PM
  5. Dublin Coaches Caravan 5/2
    By Eaglebacker in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 5th May 2013, 09:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •