Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: APR Report

Default Re: APR Report

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Some guys are better than school than others. Some guys are better at football than others.

Wish the NCAA would just end the charade and call college football what it is -- a minor league for the NFL.

Let schools hire players - they're already doing it under the guise of scholarships, this would make it more honest. Stop requiring players to attend classes. No more student athletes. If athletes want to go to class, fine, let them enroll and try to get in like real students.
    Is that you cardale?

Hail southern
    A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.
    Proverbs 29:11

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Some guys are better than school than others. Some guys are better at football than others.

Wish the NCAA would just end the charade and call college football what it is -- a minor league for the NFL.

Let schools hire players - they're already doing it under the guise of scholarships, this would make it more honest. Stop requiring players to attend classes. No more student athletes. If athletes want to go to class, fine, let them enroll and try to get in like real students.
    Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS.

The famous Cardele Jones tweet.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Why should we have to go to class if we came here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL classes are POINTLESS.

The famous Cardele Jones tweet.

2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    Standard is the wrong word here. 930 isn't a standard, it's a minimum.
    Understood, but are there bonus wins for being higher than the minimum?
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    Understood, but are there bonus wins for being higher than the minimum?
    No, but existing within a whisker of the cut line is no way to either build or run a program.

How great would it be to go 10-2 and sit at home because we're on a post-season ban ?
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

No, but existing within a whisker of the cut line is no way to either build or run a program.

How great would it be to go 10-2 and sit at home because we're on a post-season ban ?
    And if all we're interested in is the minimum, then 6-6 every year should be fine with everyone right?
    2017 Official Brady Pocsik Gameday Kickoff Reminder

Arkansas State University

October 4, 2017 - 8PM EDT on ESPN2

So this was posted on twitter. Hopefully this improves. I have seen many players have posted their GPA on twitter recently... they seem to the ones carrying the weight for this team. And most of these players were not starters.

I agree, and most on here know I don't settle, but we can't change what is in the past and considering the coaching changes and the season that was last season has to effect what happens in the classroom. We are fortunate to be over the minimum.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Yeah I probably would have left off the 2.82 and just commented on the 38 or whatever that were 3.0 or better....
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Claydus View Post
    So this was posted on twitter. Hopefully this improves. I have seen many players have posted their GPA on twitter recently... they seem to the ones carrying the weight for this team. And most of these players were not starters.
    Not a coincidence. Overheard an athlete the other day say, "It's funny, the first semester I'm not playing sports, I get a 4.0"
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA