Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Baseball: Eagles at Georgia Tech

Default Re: Baseball: Eagles at Georgia Tech

It will be interesting to see what Skip does with the "Big 3" this series, with the Tourney early next week (Chally, Cohen and Shoe).

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    It will be interesting to see what Skip does with the "Big 3" this series, with the Tourney early next week (Chally, Cohen and Shoe).
    My guess is he'd look at how this series could effect our seeding for the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEX2 View Post
    My guess is he'd look at how this series could effect our seeding for the tourney.
    thats a big part of it but if we can't catch CCU and no one behind us can catch us etc. how long do you go with our front line starters. It would be great if all 3 games we jumped out to huge early leads.

Skip taking the kids to the Braves game tonight.

5. Default Re: Baseball: Eagles at Georgia Tech

Skip taking the kids to the Braves game tonight.
    Has anyone been to a game at the new stadium yet? How is it.

Love that the Seniors were out doing a hospital visit today.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Has anyone been to a game at the new stadium yet? How is it.
    gasouthern01, gasou93, myself and 1 other split season tickets. Saw it during construction, obviously in our seats, and was fortunate enough to attend a private event at the Hank Aaron Terrace. It's nice, as any new stadium is. Even though we are in the 400's we have cup holders. Much better views from all around. Lots of shade (overhang is longer) starting on the 3rd base side. Our seats are under cover, rain or shine. But there are some seats with no view of the scoreboard at all. The biggest issues seem to been worked out. Both traffic and scoreboard issues. The dumbest thing is the no tailgating policy unless you are in 1 of 2 lots. Most of the lots are office buildings so during weeknight games, don't open until 5:30 or 6. The reason for that is they want you spending money in the Battery or STP, and not drink your cheap beer in the parking lots. The concourses are really small, so the days when it is packed, it's like salmon going upstream. It's a mess. Less entrance gates so they're all crowded, but they do split the lines up. Go through security first, then about 50 feet in front are the ticket scanners. Definitely makes getting in quicker. Food - you can bring in a small gallon bag of food and 1 bottle of water. Only tried a few things but have not been disappointed yet. Assuming you have Comcast there are wifi routers it seems every 10 feet. Getting around is a lot easier, no shortage of elevators and escalators, the exact opposite of Turner. The Chop House is 3 levels. The bottom has a netting so you can see the outfield and bench seating. The middle section is what you see on TV, bar stools and temperature controlled cup holders (chilled). Lots of home runs hit so far in that area despite the 15 foot fence. The Green Monster it is not. The ball sails up there with ease, I can't imagine what it's going to be like once it's hot and humid. If you want to sit around the 1st or 3rd baseline, you may not get a foul ball. The netting extends from home plate to the base. Well beyond the MLB new minimums. The netting goes behind the dugout, so the players can still see, but the fans are protected from bats and balls. If you have kids they still have a kids area, batting cage, radar gun, zip line, etc. Not all of the Battery is open yet nor have I gone to anything, as it's been too crowded. My only complaint is we were spoiled by one of the world's largest video boards (it was the largest when it was built) and now this one seems tiny compared to it. The out of town scoreboard rotates because if you show every game, it's too small to read. Above each bullpen is the batter/pitcher scoreboard, and it rotates between offense and defense. I've been there early every time, so avoided the pre game traffic. Plus I've figured out where to park and leaving is a breeze. As with any stadium, the closer you park, the worse it is getting out. They've done a good job with traffic flow, no left turns for the most part to keep traffic moving.

Last edited by 1peatfor7; 17th May 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

thats a big part of it but if we can't catch CCU and no one behind us can catch us etc. how long do you go with our front line starters. It would be great if all 3 games we jumped out to huge early leads.
    IMO. No more than five innings or whatever pitch count they might be on.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    What was this? Didn't hear about $2 Tuesday.
    yep, only $2 to get in. the $10 voucher wasn't worth it. I tried and was unable to register online and was pleasantly surprised at only $2 to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    yep, only $2 to get in. the $10 voucher wasn't worth it. I tried and was unable to register online and was pleasantly surprised at only $2 to get in.
    Yes $2 per item for the ticket, hot dog, cokes and the popcorn.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1