SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Baseball @ State

Default Re: Baseball @ State

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    What the actual bleep has happened to our pitching ?
    At start of season we had high hopes for our starting rotation, that was going to be our strength but it has been so inconsistent, some great, some poor. With that being said, no way I start Seth today, he has been our only consistent starter. He gets the ball for the 1st Tournament game. Today, pitch by committee.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    At start of season we had high hopes for our starting rotation, that was going to be our strength but it has been so inconsistent, some great, some poor. With that being said, no way I start Seth today, he has been our only consistent starter. He gets the ball for the 1st Tournament game. Today, pitch by committee.
    Rodney is a "good" coach who fields teams with 30+ wins in most years. I'm not sure why, but his teams ALWAYS lose games to not-good teams. I think the SoCon Championship in Greenville 2009? was the last time I remember having really good hitting. I think the bat rules changed shortly after that which may account for the difference. In any case, it's frustrating to be a fan of college baseball because the best pitchers/players 18-22 are mostly already signed by an MLB franchise. Rodney does a good job of coaching up players but consistency is a recurring issue.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

3. Default Re: Baseball @ State

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1

Sit Shuman today, or give him just an inning or two, whatever it takes to have him ready to start Game 1.

This week to me shows a lack of senior leadership, which I have heard Hennon has been disappointed in. I am one to quickly blame Hennon but he can only do so much, this team has plenty of seniors and they should be stepping up to lead these talented freshmen. There really is no excuse for the last 3 games, none.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

We were coming off a 4 game winning streak heading into these last 7. Win out, 40-16 heading into SB Tournament with a good chance at an at large invite. But, I don't know, the starting pitching rears its ugly/inconsistency and on top of that, the bullpen which has been stellar this season takes a BVG. We are also down to barely 1 three hundred hitter. We still have a solid competitive ball club but it's now do or die, getting to the point of no tomorrow's. We play well in Conference Tournaments so we will see. Just frustrating and NO it's not on the HC, it's on the kids playing good, intelligent hard nosed baseball. But you know Garns, in most cases, coaching is overrated, especially this late in the season. One other point, baseball and basketball are not difficult sports. Football on the other hand IMO, is a different animal.

Well Seth's pitching, which is disappointing. At this point throwing anyone else opposite Leger from Lafayette is practically a forfeit.

Hennon's teams seem to win close to 35 games a year which is a good season, but I suggest is not good enough when every year we seem to lose 4 or 5 games we should not lose such as these Ga. State games...

And these 4 or 5 losses are the difference between a good season and an outstanding season - the difference between getting a bid & staying home and being ranked & not being...

This may be a dumb a** question with an obvious answer, but why are we losing 4 or 5 games a year we should be winning...
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

Hail Southern!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Not looking forward to facing Gunner Leger with our pitching seeming deflated.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Looking at the weather forecast and we have great weather rolling in for Thursday. Tues and Wed are iffy but after that it couldn't be better. Pulling for an Eagle uprising in this tournament! A lot of pressure but a lot of these guys have been here before. Maybe we can get on a roll. No doubt the potential is there. We can beat any team in this league, and we can lose to any team in this league! #HailSouthern