SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

1. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

I think Single Elimination saved you guys there. Not sure ULL pulls Marks if they knew the game tomorrow wasn't an elimination game and he could rest. Instead, they tried to plan it out where both Marks and Moore were available.

Stupid SBC designs stupid play in round to make it harder for 7 and 8 seeds to beat the 1 and 2 seeds. 7 and 8 seeds beat 1 and 2 seeds anyway. I get a feeling the format will be changed again next year back to something more reasonable.

Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    we got Eich and Chally after the game told me he can pitch tommorow. A little tourney magic tonight. Great win. Seeds 1,2 and 4 go down.
    I would think everyone would be available ... no one threw more pitches than Challenger did. I don't think Cohen even topped 30. Hughes might have had the 2nd highest pitch count or maybe Condra-Bogan but I bet they could all pitch tomorrow if necessary.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    I think Single Elimination saved you guys there. Not sure ULL pulls Marks if they knew the game tomorrow wasn't an elimination game and he could rest. Instead, they tried to plan it out where both Marks and Moore were available.

Stupid SBC designs stupid play in round to make it harder for 7 and 8 seeds to beat the 1 and 2 seeds. 7 and 8 seeds beat 1 and 2 seeds anyway. I get a feeling the format will be changed again next year back to something more reasonable.
    The mistake was pulling Leger an inning early, IMO.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

4. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    The mistake was pulling Leger an inning early, IMO.
    Meh, Robicheaux has always been cautious with his starters. He just simply won't overwork those guys, preferring instead to use his normally lights out bullpen to lock things up. ULL had won the tourney 3 straight years basically using the same formula they tried today. The biggest weakness with the formula is what happens if the game goes extras, because Robicheaux is pretty strict about not throwing his relievers for longer than about 30 pitches in the tournament.

5. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Also, imagine if in February I told you that Logan would hit one over the monster before Cleve

Was it Baldwin that just hit his first CAREER homerun like 3 weeks ago??? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Was it Baldwin that just hit his first CAREER homerun like 3 weeks ago??? Lol
    He's actually been 2001-era Barry Bonds this whole time. He can hit a dinger whenever he feels like it. He just didn't feel like it until the Mercer series.

Meh, Robicheaux has always been cautious with his starters. He just simply won't overwork those guys, preferring instead to use his normally lights out bullpen to lock things up. ULL had won the tourney 3 straight years basically using the same formula they tried today. The biggest weakness with the formula is what happens if the game goes extras, because Robicheaux is pretty strict about not throwing his relievers for longer than about 30 pitches in the tournament.
    He should have learned his lesson when we roughed up his bullpen earlier this year. The Cajuns were ticked about pulling his starter.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Leger wasn't breaking a sweat @ 80 or so pitches (he couldn't have been over 85 ... I think he ended the inning at 84 but going off memory here). O

His team was playing well behind him, and I think he had at least one more inning in him. Might have made a huge difference.

9. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Hennon would have undoubtedly made some different decisions, too... it goes both ways. No telling what the outcome would/could have been, but the SBC will have a new Champion and GS is now 3-1 against the Cajuns this year.

10. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by BlueTide View Post
    He should have learned his lesson when we roughed up his bullpen earlier this year. The Cajuns were ticked about pulling his starter.
    +1

The Cajuns should have sweep CCU in the regular season, too, but their bullpen choked and lost good leads two games in a row, giving up a combined 6 runs in the 9th innings, IIRC.