SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 LastLast

Thread: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Who is in from South Carolina? I must be overlooking something.
    Clemson

Who is in from South Carolina? I must be overlooking something.
    Clemson
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

I was just disappointed that we ran out of the excellent fries and had to use waffle fries.

The only things I bought from concessions all year were water, fries, cheese sticks and onion rings. Everything was good. I do think the prices are a little high and they could benefit from having two sizes of fry orders. A lot of people can't eat the whole $4 order.
    The concession food is way overpriced and of poor quality. It needs to be subbed out to local providers.

4. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    Wow- zero teams from the state of Georgia. That's a rarity. Every other southeastern state is represented.
    Yeah, wow, even a down year for KSU, and Mercer choked early on in the SoCon tournament. I believe GS was the best team in GA this year, and sadly we were a mere 3 outs from making it official.

Mercer faded fast, losing 10 of their last 14 ball games.

They finished with 39 wins to 17 losses, for a better winning percentage than us but we swept them.

Georgia Tech had a very lackluster year but swept us.

Hard to say between the three who played the best over the course of the season but I think we were the most consistent of the three, and we made the championship game.

Disappointing us losing a couple of games that we stuck with starting pitching too long ... but that happens. Otherwise, we're at 42 wins or so and maybe our RPI has a little uptick and gains us some at-large consideration.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

6. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Still bitter about yesterday...now nothing to look forward to till September

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, wow, even a down year for KSU, and Mercer choked early on in the SoCon tournament. I believe GS was the best team in GA this year, and sadly we were a mere 3 outs from making it official.
    In terms of current RPI:

74. Georgia Tech
    79. Mercer
    83. Georgia Southern
    89. UGA
    155. Kennesaw State
    213. Georgia State
    288. Savannah State

8. Default Re: Latest on the Sun Belt Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by GSUfanforever View Post
    In terms of current RPI:

74. Georgia Tech
    79. Mercer
    83. Georgia Southern
    89. UGA
    155. Kennesaw State
    213. Georgia State
    288. Savannah State
    When last I looked, the GA schools were having a much better season on the golf course.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Interesting, I smell a rat. P5's and the next thing to a P5 in the AAC. Everyone else kiss my butt and be thankful we even let your Conferance champ in.
    Also punishment to the non-P5's for Coastal winning the thing last year. They are trying to make sure it does not happen again.
    Insane to have 15 teams in it from ACC & SEC!
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post

--Surprisingly, the South Alabama fans were the least gracious and spent more time worrying about whether we had tickets to sit in that section than they did about what was happening on the field. We also spoke with fans from stAte and TXST who were wonderfully nice.

Same observation here. Was at all but one game of the tournament (missed the noon game on Friday to go eat some lunch and pick my son up) but here is part of the backstory on this. The South Alabama fans were sitting wherever they wanted to, that is on the side their team was and the majority of them were not sitting in their ticketed seats. Then, during their game vs. Arkansas State about a dozen of their fans were in the first two rows of the center section and security tried to boot them out.

It appeared that one of the USA parents or older fans 'made good' on paying an extra $5 a seat to pay the difference between a general admission and reserved seats so the young college aged girls could continue to sit there. One of those girls in particular was a mouthy little thing and did a lot of crap talking about what she would and wouldn't do.

It was clear to me that someone on the operations side (whether directed by game-day security / GSU police / Sun Belt officials / whoever) decided they were going to make this a big deal. IMO, it was dumb. Not siding with any fans on being mouthy or disrepectful, but it was clear to me no-one was dying to sit in the sun. I was, it was no big deal to me but I was in my seat. Most of the fans were looking for shade. Ops folks could have been checking out seating in the shade if it was that big of a deal about sitting in your ticketed seat but clearly in the Ark State / USA game it wasn't an issue.

So fast forward to our game and with a bigger crowd it is more incumbent on management (whoever the buck stops with) to ensure folks are in their ticketed seat or at least section. If it takes more ushers and police then do it. Clearly the USA folks got cheesed when the few fans rolled into their general admission section but I found the irony somewhat delicious, especially as the young mouthy girl seemed particularly worked up ... she probably was one hollering the most about them not having a ticket for those exact seats.

The game-day staff has a thankless job and people who don't or won't respect the ticketing and seating process really make it difficult for them to do their job. I mean it is only a $5 difference between having a reserved seat and not.

End rant.
    Agree with the issue with the 'mouthy' USA female fans. They were sitting to my right and were ranting and raving after security approached them. Lots of negative comments about Georgia Southern until some of our fans told them to shut the hell up about it. And they did. I thought the staff went out of their way to make it up to them by putting them in the dizzy bat race and letting them singing the song for the 7th inning stretch.

All because they thought they should be able to sit there because they were USA players girlfriends. SMH.

I do agree it shouldn't have been a big deal as long as they weren't sitting in someone's seats who wanted to sit there.
    "It's supposed to be fun, the man says 'Play ball!', not 'Work ball!' you know" - Willie Stargell

Rick Bean
    BBA Management
    Class of 1981