Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 143

Thread: APP vs UGA....

  1. #21

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    I've got a good "Would you Rather":

    We beat Auburn and App beats Georgia or both us and App lose in the first game?

    It's an obvious choice for me, but I wonder if everyone would agree.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

    Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

  2. Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I've got a good "Would you Rather":

    We beat Auburn and App beats Georgia or both us and App lose in the first game?

    It's an obvious choice for me, but I wonder if everyone would agree.
    I'd rather everyone always beat UGA-unless it's Alabama, or Gag State, or any sorry Yankee team

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,901

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I've got a good "Would you Rather":

    We beat Auburn and App beats Georgia or both us and App lose in the first game?

    It's an obvious choice for me, but I wonder if everyone would agree.

    Both win. To me that's a no brainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  4. Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Typically, I would hope to see the SBC program upset the SEC program, but NOT App (or GaSt) over UGA. App can run the table on everyone in the SEC for all I care, but not UGA, not before we do- assuming they man up and schedule us again.

    I agree with everything unflattering said about KS, definitely not a fan and enjoy seeing him lose.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    40,604

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    I just heard the kickoff will be 6:15 pm on sep 2nd....

    This one should be a barn burner. App is good these days.

    Personally, I hope they take out them dawgs. I very much dislike Kirby Smart. Primarily because of what he talked the state into regarding student fees. (Clearly, that was done to try and limit us from ever having a chance at taking UGA down.)

    I hope our hillbilly pals stick one to 'em, and maybe UGA can get a classier coach. App is very good right now. Should be a hell of a show!

    (Nothing would make me Happier than watching Smart get the boot. A loss-or near loss-to App would make that likely. Smart earned some bad karma. Maybe it will catch up to him.)
    Please take off your blue colored glasses and tin foil hat. It hurts Tech because they struggle with their athletic funding. Not to mention it hurts Gag St just about more than anyone in the nation. Fleecing students is not the proper way to run a DI program.

    Go that school up north. F App.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  6. #26

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Well let's be fair.....who does remind you of Alabama's coach? He's more Saban than he is Summers though. MUCH more on that side of the scale.

    He went 8-5 starting a true freshman at QB and 10 underclassmen on defense. Had 1 NFL draft pick and that's only because the kid had to leave school because he was going to be ineligible. If McKenzie doesn't flunk out of UGA then they have zero players get drafted. That's a stark difference between going 5-7 in the SunBelt with 8 players signed to NFL chances and 2 5th year senior QB's.
    I wasn't talking about performance as much as just the vibes I get from seeing him speak and coach. Lol, not much to go on I know but it's kind of a gut feeling. I guess time will tell.
    Once won an argument with half

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.

  7. Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Please take off your blue colored glasses and tin foil hat. It hurts Tech because they struggle with their athletic funding. Not to mention it hurts Gag St just about more than anyone in the nation. Fleecing students is not the proper way to run a DI program.

    Go that school up north. F App.
    THWG!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    22,178

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Taylor Lamb can't put vertical pressure on defenses, he doesn't have the arm to throw downfield with any type of consistency. UGA should have the speed to contain their stretch run game. App is really nothing special on offense, they just grind until you make mistakes. Watching them play is like watching paint dry. They really didn't even play all that well against us last year, we were just that bad. They didn't really start moving the ball until mid 3rd quarter. They have a good defense, but UGA should be able to put pressure on them with their run game. App's performance against P5 teams lately has been pretty bad. They got in the game against UT because UT wasn't good and highly inconsistent, which played right into what App wants, to let you make your own mistakes.

    I don't see App winning the game. It's more likely they get embarassed than beat UGA.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    29,901

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Taylor Lamb can't put vertical pressure on defenses, he doesn't have the arm to throw downfield with any type of consistency. UGA should have the speed to contain their stretch run game. App is really nothing special on offense, they just grind until you make mistakes. Watching them play is like watching paint dry. They really didn't even play all that well against us last year, we were just that bad. They didn't really start moving the ball until mid 3rd quarter. They have a good defense, but UGA should be able to put pressure on them with their run game. App's performance against P5 teams lately has been pretty bad. They got in the game against UT because UT wasn't good and highly inconsistent, which played right into what App wants, to let you make your own mistakes.

    I don't see App winning the game. It's more likely they get embarassed than beat UGA.

    It gets lost how close Tennessee was to being like a 4 win team.

    UGA's ILB's are GOOD. Maybe both first round pick good. That stretch play won't work and like you said Lamb can't stretch the field. App's D can keep it close for a while but I see the final score being a whole lot more Miami than Tennessee.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  10. #30

    Default Re: APP vs UGA....

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I wouldn't say that UGA fans are "pumped" about Smart.
    They certainly were when they hired him. They let Richt go so they could get KS before someone else did, specifically South Carolina.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •