SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinions on Gameday "Security"

Default Opinions on Gameday "Security"

Now that we are at the end of this year. I would like to hear some opinions on our gameday "security" and how Georgia Southern's fans/students are treated. It was probably at its worst during basketball season, but there were a few things I saw during the tournament that left me shaking my head.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Default Re: Opinions on Gameday "Security"

What happened? I was at most of the three tournament games but didn't notice anything.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

They were being overly tough with the Crazies when they had not done anything wrong. There was no reason to have a guard standing down there by them.

And they were reprimanded last night when they were doing the count on how many balls in a row they pitcher threw.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

My experience is that they're largely useless. They get involved for stupid stuff (like your mentioned situation), but they weren't at all interested when my wife and I were being yelled at and threatened by a visiting fan, despite the fact we sit 10 feet from where he stands.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

That is generally the issue. They "police" the Georgia Southern fans and ignore the behavior of the visitors.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post

And they were reprimanded last night when they were doing the count on how many balls in a row they pitcher threw.
    Not true. He came down there because a few people in the second row were beating on the bleachers and Sun Belt officials told him to put a stop to it. We weren't told to stop the ball count at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    My experience is that they're largely useless. They get involved for stupid stuff (like your mentioned situation), but they weren't at all interested when my wife and I were being yelled at and threatened by a visiting fan, despite the fact we sit 10 feet from where he stands.
    During the Little Rock series a visiting fan literally took off his shirt and tried to fight some students. They were removed. He got to stay. If you're a 40 year old man trying to fight people half your age you have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post

Not true. He came down there because a few people in the second row were beating on the bleachers and Sun Belt officials told him to put a stop to it. We weren't told to stop the ball count at all.
    Amazing how reality is so much different than what people assume

During the Little Rock series a visiting fan literally took off his shirt and tried to fight some students. They were removed. He got to stay. If you're a 40 year old man trying to fight people half your age you have issues.

Comes down to better training. Security guards generally are not Rhodes Scholars.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

That was the case with us in 2015 with a visiting Citadel fan who was upset because we stood up for kickoffs and big plays.

Except he was probably closer to 50, but I'm closer to 30 myself anyways, so I guess it all evens out
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.