SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Liberty AD on a tear!

Default Re: Liberty AD on a tear!

Just schedule a P5 team at home and don't include THAT ticket in the season ticket package. Give season ticket holders a chance to pay the extra for their seat for that P5 game and then sell those that don't pay for it. If the team is playing well(no time soon) every one of those tickets will get purchased.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Just schedule a P5 team at home and don't include THAT ticket in the season ticket package. Give season ticket holders a chance to pay the extra for their seat for that P5 game and then sell those that don't pay for it. If the team is playing well(no time soon) every one of those tickets will get purchased.
    So does that leave season ticket holders with 4 home games only 3 & potentially only 2 on a Saturday. Which is what would happen if we got the game via a 2 for 1 deal.

Or, are we paying the P5 a million plus for the game and seeking to recover the cost if we sell enough tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    So does that leave season ticket holders with 4 home games only 3 & potentially only 2 on a Saturday. Which is what would happen if we got the game via a 2 for 1 deal.

Or, are we paying the P5 a million plus for the game and seeking to recover the cost if we sell enough tickets?
    Have to have at least 5 home games to be considered FBS. One of them can be a qualifying FCS.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Have to have at least 5 home games to be considered FBS. One of them can be a qualifying FCS.

Yea - but I was saying that if the season ticket holders don't have that "5th" home game in their package (at the same rate that they were paying to) - then that would leave them with only 4 paid for tickets and that at least one and potentially two of them would not even be on a Saturday. Imagine donating your 1,200 and paying $250 plus per season ticket for two Saturdays/ 4 overall games only included. Not going to go overall well.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

No, 5 home games plus 1 P5 home game, giving us 6 home games. We're already paying for 5 now. I'd gladly pay extra for a 6th if its a P5. we'll just cancel-say, a return trip to New Hampshire. Ask yourself this: Would you rather pay an extra 75-100 per ticket to have a P5 at Paulson or buy cheap seats thru the ticket office and spend hundreds traveling/motels to Ole Miss., LSU, Miami? or New Hampshire, etc?
    Last edited by oldfart; 1st June 2017 at 01:31 PM.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

No, 5 home games plus 1 P5 home game, giving us 6 home games. We're already paying for 5 now. I'd gladly pay extra for a 6th if its a P5. we'll just cancel-say, a return trip to New Hampshire. Ask yourself this: Would you rather pay an extra 75-100 per ticket to have a P5 at Paulson or buy cheap seats thru the ticket office and spend hundreds traveling/motels to Ole Miss., LSU, Miami? or New Hampshire, etc?
    Mark this day down. I added something constructive to a conversation

Even if we sold out at $100 over face value, would we even come close to making a dent in what we would owe a P5 for coming to town. Someone else do the math lol

That you did. I have marked this day on my calendar. (except for your inclusion of "New Hampshire." Every FCS game is a one-off. We'll not be going to an FCS home field. "Black letter law."!!!!!

So it couldn't be a two for one then I'm guessing without leaving us short another year or broke.

Now you know some would argue that we are paying for six home games and forgiving a few five home game season's. Not me of course... But some people.

Hey, I'm not opposed to the idea. Bring on Illinois and the like. But I don't want to see Florida State coming in just yet. One day sure, but not yet.

10. Default Re: Liberty AD on a tear!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle07 View Post
    Even if we sold out at $100 over face value, would we even come close to making a dent in what we would owe a P5 for coming to town. Someone else do the math lol
    My apologies if I missed something, but why would we pay a P5 to come to us?