Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magazine Predictions

Default Magazine Predictions

It is that wonderful time of year where magazines start offering predictions for teams. In reviewing magazines, Lindy's has GA Southern as the 4th best team in the Sunbelt (but they do not offer predictions of records). Athlon has GA Southern as the 7th best team in the Sunbelt. Athlon has us going 4-4 in the conference and an overall record of 5-7. Phil Steel's magazine is not out yet.....or at least I haven't seen it.

The Athlon Sunbelt predictions are here: https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...17-predictions

Default Re: Magazine Predictions

No units or player nominated as the best or part of the best. Surprised about our RB unit not making the top five but other than that well written. If we go 5-7 again things are going to be miserable in Eagle nation and especially for CTS.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

We will win more than 5. Book it. It probably won't be an overly memorable year but we'll win more than 5.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure our DB and RBs are in the top 5 in the conference.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We will win more than 5. Book it. It probably won't be an overly memorable year but we'll win more than 5.

TBD where as Fields and Ramsby have already shown what they can do.

you missed JDC's point.

4th-7th! Nice

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

And our OL.

If any of the freshman backs are able to play immediately, we might have the most talented backfield in the conference. I would take away the "might" if we're allowed to include Campbell as a RB.
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

7. Default Re: Magazine Predictions

It's a paper magazine prediction. Predictions by computer generated geeks that probally never stepped a foot on a college football practice field much less interview coaches and players or an inquisitive visit at a University. Not reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    It's a paper magazine prediction. Predictions by computer generated geeks that probally never stepped a foot on a college football practice field much less interview coaches and players or an inquisitive visit at a University. Not reliable.
    Actually it was very well written and you could tell they were really familiar with the programs. You also dont have to step foot on a school or have played college ball to be well informed. Phil Steel worked at fast food restaurants before coming the most reliable voice in college football when it comes to predicting. He never attends games either and I doubt he ever visits schools.

you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: Magazine Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Actually it was very well written and you could tell they were really familiar with the programs. You also dont have to step foot on a school or have played college ball to be well informed. Phil Steel worked at fast food restaurants before coming the most reliable voice in college football when it comes to predicting. He never attends games either and I doubt he ever visits schools.
    Okay, like I said paper generated.

#7 in the belt in these sounds good to me.

Athlon said that going into 2014 and had us #122. All we did was win the conference without losing a single game in it. While nearly beating two ACC teams.
    https://athlonsports.com/college-foo...outhern-eagles

Orlando Sentinel had us #124 out of 128. http://interactive.orlandosentinel.c...014/index.html

We entered the next season in the Orlando Sentinel at #31 - went onto win our first Bowl Game.

I'll take it!

Note to the preseason mags:

THIS IS JACK

YOU DON'T KNOW HIM