Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 30313233 LastLast

Thread: Magazine Predictions

Default Re: Magazine Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Not with our roster. I'm not saying a SSU style 60 point beat down. But we have a HUGE talent advantage over UNH. If we are well coached we won't struggle.
    +1, like I posted, UAlbany beat them last year and they will this year. Let's hope we have NO problems with UNH.

We had a talent advantage over UNH in 2004. Of course there won't be a Chip Kelly or Ricky Santos this time, but Sean McDonnell is no joke.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

3. Default Re: Magazine Predictions

The naivete of thinking this team and this staff will roll UNH.

Last time I checked. Tyson. Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Yeah, everyone keeps using the "if well coached line"

Short memories.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

THIS ^^^
    GATA!

OK, here goes. I think we will get spanked by Auburn, BAD. But, the game will be a great learning experiance for both the offense and defense. Cook will have them looking REAL good for UNH and from game 2 on our offense will be potent, we will move the ball and put points on the board. Our defense will shut down UNH. We beat UNH 52-14.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Yeah, everyone keeps using the "if well coached line"

Short memories.

How's that a short memory? I remember what happens last year and "if we were well coached" we would have probably won 10 games.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: Magazine Predictions

BEST AND WORST CFB SCHEDULE DRAWS

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...chedule-breaks
    Sun Belt
    Favorable: Appalachian State. Yes, the Mountaineers open the season with a road trip to Georgia. After that probable loss, they could run the table. In the last year without a Sun Belt title game, Appalachian State does not play the two teams who appear to be its toughest competition for the league title: Troy and Arkansas State. Troy and Arkansas State do play each other, in the season finale. Appalachian State also doesn't play South Alabama, which has gone bowling two of the past three years. Beyond Georgia, the Mountaineers play Wake Forest and Savannah State at home and UMass on the road in nonconference action. Few teams look like they're in better shape for 10 regular-season wins.

Unfavorable: Georgia Southern. UL Monroe is close, and it gets the honor of playing the toughest nonconference schedule (at Memphis, at Florida State, Southern Miss, at Auburn). We'll choose the Eagles because they play all of the favorites in the league: South Alabama and Arkansas State at home, Troy and Appalachian State on the road. They also play at Auburn and at Indiana out of conference, making this season a tough challenge for second-year coach Tyson Summers after a disappointing 5-7 debut.

Quote Originally Posted by aristocracker View Post
    BEST AND WORST CFB SCHEDULE DRAWS

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...chedule-breaks
    Sun Belt
    Favorable: Appalachian State. Yes, the Mountaineers open the season with a road trip to Georgia. After that probable loss, they could run the table. In the last year without a Sun Belt title game, Appalachian State does not play the two teams who appear to be its toughest competition for the league title: Troy and Arkansas State. Troy and Arkansas State do play each other, in the season finale. Appalachian State also doesn't play South Alabama, which has gone bowling two of the past three years. Beyond Georgia, the Mountaineers play Wake Forest and Savannah State at home and UMass on the road in nonconference action. Few teams look like they're in better shape for 10 regular-season wins.

Unfavorable: Georgia Southern. UL Monroe is close, and it gets the honor of playing the toughest nonconference schedule (at Memphis, at Florida State, Southern Miss, at Auburn). We'll choose the Eagles because they play all of the favorites in the league: South Alabama and Arkansas State at home, Troy and Appalachian State on the road. They also play at Auburn and at Indiana out of conference, making this season a tough challenge for second-year coach Tyson Summers after a disappointing 5-7 debut.
    We're playing Memphis, FSU, USM? What cho talking about Willis?
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

We're playing Memphis, FSU, USM? What cho talking about Willis?
    UL Monroe's OOC schedule
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.