Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Q&A Session with TK

1. Default Re: Q&A Session with TK

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Same goes for Hanner, why build a new arena when we cant, game in and game out FILL a little gym?
    Other than the fact that it is too old and outdated for the biggest and most comprehensive university in south Georgia, it is a multipurpose coliseum, not a just a basketball arena.

Default Re: Q&A Session with TK

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    These numbers are odd.

I was at one of the games-and they quoted 28K plus and said it was a new record over the PA..... I wonder where that number came from.
    We have never hit 28K. You must have misheard.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Other than the fact that it is too old and outdated for the biggest and most comprehensive university in south Georgia, it is a multipurpose coliseum, not a just a basketball arena.
    yep, and overall its serves its purpose, especially when your talking millions of dollars to replace. So, both Paulson and Hanner stay as is untill game in and game out their packed, and sadly, I dont see that happening in the near future. We just dont have that large of a fan base.

The Paulson attendance record is in the 25K range, not 28K.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: Q&A Session with TK

yep, and overall its serves its purpose, especially when your talking millions of dollars to replace. So, both Paulson and Hanner stay as is untill game in and game out their packed, and sadly, I dont see that happening in the near future. We just dont have that large of a fan base.
    Yeah, the Metrodome was serving its purpose, too, then the roof collapsed (fortunately it was not occupied at the time). Paulson is a question of expansion, Hanner is more a question of updating, my point is they are two different situations, IMO.

Perhaps once we pay off the last round of Paulson improvements, something else can be done. Until then, it would be fiscally irresponsible to do anything else major, unless there is a donor underwriting the full expense.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    Don't we only have about 21000 actual seats? We had 14500 and added about 6000?
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Pretty sure we have 25,000 actual seats but I could be wrong
    When we had 14,500 seats we reported capacity at 18,000.

"Construction to expand the North stands of the stadium began in the summer of 2013. The expansion included more than 6,000 additional seats with on-grade seating expanded by approximately 1,500 new seats and 4,500 added with the construction of a mid-deck."

We did add a few hundred seats in the end zone so we probably have 22,000. We now report capacity at 25,000. Students standing on top of each other gets us above 21,000. It sounds like we are getting as close to as full as we are going to get with only 22,000 seats.

I guess the only thing that could help us is a schedule that sells 10,000 season tickets.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Yep.

When we had 14,500 seats we reported capacity at 18,000.

"Construction to expand the North stands of the stadium began in the summer of 2013. The expansion included more than 6,000 additional seats with on-grade seating expanded by approximately 1,500 new seats and 4,500 added with the construction of a mid-deck."

We did add a few hundred seats in the end zone so we probably have 22,000. We now report capacity at 25,000. Students standing on top of each other gets us above 21,000. It sounds like we are getting as close to as full as we are going to get with only 22,000 seats.

I guess the only thing that could help us is a schedule that sells 10,000 season tickets.
    Except the FBS study showed that there was only 14,500 actual seats. They were counted by hand, and verified by a poster who also counted by hand.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

You would think after 35 years of football we would have 10,0000 season ticket holders. Unfortunately we have never had a game when you could not just walk up and buy a ticket, NEVER, no matter how many were in attendance. So there is no sense of urgency to buy season tix if you can just walk up and buy.
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC