Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB Draft and GS

1. Default MLB Draft and GS

Any chance any players get drafted in the next three to four days? Who might they be and where will they be going?

Default Re: MLB Draft and GS

I really think big Cleve and Hughes has a shot.

It's not so much about getting drafted as how HIGH they get drafted, the higher you go, the more patience they will have with you, more time they give you to develop, if your going to.

Hughes, Simmons and Cleveland.

As far as the 2016 signees, Cole Brannen, Jason Swan and Zach Fordham are all three that I hope we see in the 'Boro ... but may get picked high enough to prevent that from happening.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

what about Shuman? He got drafted last year. I'm sure his name will come up again this year, no?

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    what about Shuman? He got drafted last year. I'm sure his name will come up again this year, no?
    Baseball's rule is different than basketball. You don't have to go to college, but if you do you have to stay at least three years. I think at community colleges you can leave after one year but not four year institutions.

Not eligible to be drafted. Only guys going into their senior year or have just graduated.

8. Default Re: MLB Draft and GS

I look for Connor Simmons to get a good look. I sat behind several scouts at the tournament, and they talked a lot about him (very positively). One of them even said that was who he was there to see. They had some great reactions when he froze that ULL batter with the great curve ball for the backwards K.

Connor was unhittable this season when he wasn't wild

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    Baseball's rule is different than basketball. You don't have to go to college, but if you do you have to stay at least three years. I think at community colleges you can leave after one year but not four year institutions.

• High school players, if they have graduated from high school and have not yet attended college or junior college;
    • College players, from four-year colleges who have either completed their junior or senior years or are at least 21 years old; and
    • Junior college players, regardless of how many years of school they have completed

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/draftday/rules.jsp
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"