Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

1. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Why in the hell are we talking coaching contracts now. CTS is here through 2017. Can we at least get half way through the season before we start debating contract and coaching salaries?

Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    300K for five years. That is about tops in the FCS. Plus JMU has money and wants to jump up. It is hard to nail down the privates but I doubt they are paying more. I doubt more than 10-15 out of 120+ FCS coaches crack 200K base salary and their bonuses are comparably lower as well. None are making base 500K if so it is a rich private with good basketball probably. CTS can make as high as 745K in year four but his contract will be redone before then and the base will go up. I doubt FCS teams have those kind of incentives nor will any have pay raises like we will. Fritz started the same way and we were going to pay him 700k+/- is the rumors were correct after just year two? If cook saves CTS he will not be making well above 300K and leave the FCS in the dirt. CTS is listed as receiving 600K in compensation from what I can find. Bottom line the compensation world is a lot different and better even at the lowest levels of the FBS and ceiling is much higher and sky is the limit if you do well. I dont know of many or any off the top of my head of FCS HC's that have jumped from the FCS to a million dollar plus elite G5 or P5 job. PJ probably was close going to Navy?

http://www.aseaofred.com/scanning-fcs-coaches-salaries/
    Donnan and Jim Tressel.

As Donnan reportedly advised PJ during the pre-game workout in 2000, "Paul, you need to get up here where the money is."
    The Green Bastard from parts unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Donnan and Jim Tressel.

As Donnan reportedly advised PJ during the pre-game workout in 2000, "Paul, you need to get up here where the money is."
    There is a ton of irony in that statement!
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

4. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Why in the hell are we talking coaching contracts now. CTS is here through 2017. Can we at least get half way through the season before we start debating contract and coaching salaries?
    You may be in the minority if you are proposing contract discussions wait until the middle of the season (when football games are actually being played) in lieu of the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Kincaid View Post
    Remember what the Deltas said coughingly during their hearing with Gregie and Dougie and Mandy and Dean Wormer, not long before Otter said "I will not have you badmouth the United States of America! Gentlemen!"? yeah, that's what I thought of when I read this article. Seems like some big time inhale vigorouslying up.
    I've met Kleinlein. I've talked with Kleinlein. I wasn't particularly impressed. Granted, it was a couple of years ago.
    After reading that yesterday, I wondered what was in this for Deen.......
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

6. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

To his credit, TK has increased our athletics budget from $13 million to $28 million in five years. I think that's pretty impressive!

7. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    You may be in the minority if you are proposing contract discussions wait until the middle of the season (when football games are actually being played) in lieu of the off season.
    Not proposing any contract negotiations. That drama is finished until at least the end of 2017.

8. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    To his credit, TK has increased our athletics budget from $13 million to $28 million in five years. I think that's pretty impressive!
    Yeah.

That is definitely impressive.

9. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yeah.

That is definitely impressive.
    After all your TK bashing, you are actually impressed? Amazing.

10. Default Re: SMN: GS AD Tom Kleinlein feels at home in Statesboro

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    After all your TK bashing, you are actually impressed? Amazing.
    I mentioned there are things I like about him and things I dislike.

He has definitely been good for short term finances, but his long term effect remains to be seen.

Last year we lost a season. (And let's be honest-who's fault was that? Those HS coaches didn't hire themselves.) Maybe we can plug that leak. We better.

Everyone has skills sets they are best at. TK is good at raising money, maybe not so great at hiring and contract stuff.