Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 140

Thread: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

  1. #111

    Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    PJ, Monken and Sewak were all tough minded successful coaches. They all cared and promoted Do Right philosophy. But their ultimate goal was a winning program and did not demand or impose a separate self imposed faith based obession to accomplish that goal. Team character building is a good and important coaching technique. But it should be incoporated with a win emphasis mentality.
    Do you believe it wasn't meant that way?

    We lost for one main reason, the OC's. That's the bottom line, and They are gone now.
    The HC made the change, let's see what happens.
    Winning is his goal - I have no doubt, and really I don't think anyone here does.
    The lack there of is the only thing worth complaining about.

    And this isn't directed at you eaglefan200, but all you claimers of being "a person of faith" - but don't care if the coach is an atheist people need to put a cork in it - it isn't helping the program and you sound like a bunch of winning babies on a pre-school playground looking for anyone or anything to blame for why you just dropped your ice cream in the sand. Yea, losing taste bad - the reason for the drop is gone. That reason doesn't include faith, beliefs or doing right.

  2. Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

    And this isn't directed at you eaglefan200, but all you claimers of being "a person of faith" - but don't care if the coach is an atheist people need to put a cork in it - it isn't helping the program and you sound like a bunch of winning babies on a pre-school playground looking for anyone or anything to blame for why you just dropped your ice cream in the sand. Yea, losing taste bad - the reason for the drop is gone. That reason doesn't include faith, beliefs or doing right.
    Uh, think you have me confused with someone else. Never said faith was not important to the success of our program. But we are a football program not a Bible study retreat. Emphasis on winning and the Do Right environment. Please don't classify me in the non faith category. New coaching changes are heavenly inspiring and yes I have a somewhat positive 2017 outlook.

  3. Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    Do you believe it wasn't meant that way?

    We lost for one main reason, the OC's. That's the bottom line, and They are gone now.
    The HC made the change, let's see what happens.
    Winning is his goal - I have no doubt, and really I don't think anyone here does.
    The lack there of is the only thing worth complaining about.

    And this isn't directed at you eaglefan200, but all you claimers of being "a person of faith" - but don't care if the coach is an atheist people need to put a cork in it - it isn't helping the program and you sound like a bunch of winning babies on a pre-school playground looking for anyone or anything to blame for why you just dropped your ice cream in the sand. Yea, losing taste bad - the reason for the drop is gone. That reason doesn't include faith, beliefs or doing right.
    Sounds more like CTS toward the end of last season... The schedule is too hard... We have too many injuries.... The student-athletes are not playing hard... GSUFans.com fans are too mean... blah blah blah.

    I get your point about the OC's, it is valid, but I am not sure why so many people point out that CTS' goal is to win. To your point, yes it is, we know it, but that is also the goal of 129 other HC's in FBS. The difference is most of them have experience. I hope he can pull it off.

  4. #114

    Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Sounds more like CTS toward the end of last season... The schedule is too hard... We have too many injuries.... The student-athletes are not playing hard... GSUFans.com fans are too mean... blah blah blah.

    I get your point about the OC's, it is valid, but I am not sure why so many people point out that CTS' goal is to win. To your point, yes it is, we know it, but that is also the goal of 129 other HC's in FBS. The difference is most of them have experience. I hope he can pull it off.
    Because it continues to be implied that he is unconcerned with winning and is instead preoccupied with distributing "Bible coloring books".
    Bacardi Bowl Champs - December 1939

  5. #115

    Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Let's be real here. If Tyson Summers was Tyson Somerstein running a faith based program, 99 percent of this board would be ready to run him out of town.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  6. #116

    Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Let's be real here. If Tyson Summers was Tyson Somerstein running a faith based program, 99 percent of this board would be ready to run him out of town.
    Yes stereotyping is still alive! Its ok because you presume we are mostly white racist anti semitic red necks? I mean with 99% not much room for any non snake handling holy rollers crackers. ....Give me a break.

    If he won 10+ games last year and moving forward we would have a GS yamakas give away night and proceed to throw them like frisbees on the field, serve gefilte fish at the concessions stands with Hava Nagila blasting in between each play.

    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

  7. #117

    Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Hambone89 View Post
    In two of the last three games of last season, we saw Tyson Summer's team commit two blatant breaches of protocol/tradition (petulant failure to sing alma mater after ULL, then failure to shake hands at GaState) that we have NEVER seen from previous teams.
    How do you know Summers had anything to do with the first incident, and that he didn't deal with the second incident out of the public eye?
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

    Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

  8. Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    How do any of us know that Summers has anything to do with anything that happens with Georgia Southern's football team? because he is the HEAD ****ING COACH.

  9. #119

    Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    This thread inhales vigorously.

  10. Default Re: Athlon: Ranking all CFB coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    How do you know Summers had anything to do with the first incident, and that he didn't deal with the second incident out of the public eye?
    One thing he did well last year, accept blame... everything "starts with [him]."

Similar Threads

  1. Ranking the Sun Belt's College Football Coaches for 2017
    By ValleyBoy in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 19th May 2017, 12:28 PM
  2. Athlon Preview
    By EagleTeacher in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th October 2016, 01:24 PM
  3. Athlon ranks FBS coaches
    By Ralze34 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10th April 2014, 12:57 PM
  4. Athlon ranks coaching vacancies
    By eagle95 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th December 2013, 09:25 AM
  5. Ranking past coaches statistically
    By eagle_GT in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 1st December 2009, 08:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •