SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting Rankings

Default Re: Recruiting Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    All the "OMG another two Star we don't need another scrub CTS stinks at recruiting" posts definitely don't help.
    Said nobody ever like that but just make up stuff to justify what every you want. Being in the 100's+ in this state does mean you are horrible at recruiting btw and you are way more likely to inhale vigorously than not. You cant swing a dead cat without hitting a 3+ star kid with multiple FBS offers. We should stumble into top Sun Belt and G5 classes considering all you have to do is hop in a car and drive four hours at most to be face to face with hundreds of legit FBS players.

Also ran the numbers on the bottom 25 non service academy ranked teams shocker losing record 130-183, only 8 teams with a .500 or better record, one shared conference championship, only nine bowl teams that went 5-4 in bowls but one win was against another in the bottom 25...Yes those ratings worthless....when you have a decent sample size you can actually make credible conclusions not based off that one player or one team that were outliers...out thousands of players and 130 teams. I am going to run it on the entire G5 when I get a chance to prove the point even more.

I left out service academies due to being able to take 50 recruits in one season

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I wish I could get into that other thread. I've been following recruiting a lot more lately

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    I wish I could get into that other thread. I've been following recruiting a lot more lately
    Sent you a PM

you missed JDC's point.

It's now a benefit of being a GSUFans Donor. You can find more information about being a donor here:

http://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthrea...Donation-Drive

5. Default Re: Recruiting Rankings

IMO no need to really pay attention to recruiting until December. Commitments mean very little this early.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO no need to really pay attention to recruiting until December. Commitments mean very little this early.
    With a December signing day starting this year, I'd say November.

7. Default Re: Recruiting Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    With a December signing day starting this year, I'd say November.
    Yeah, good call, I am looking forward to seeing how that all plays out now.

CTS is touting the virtues of long and fast. Taking a closer look at the current slate of commitments he's getting what he's after. If he continues with this the Eagles look much different quick.

Recruiting is a year around process and top rated athlete should be contacted two years before they commit.

Did we try to recruit this player from Richmond Hill?
    http://www.southernpigskin.com/recru...ffery-commits/

Recruiting is a year around process and top rated athlete should be contacted two years before they commit.

Did we try to recruit this player from Richmond Hill?
    http://www.southernpigskin.com/recru...ffery-commits/
    Does not appear that way but could be for a ton of different reasons. He is going to a place that has 13 WR on the roster and three committed for 2018.

you missed JDC's point.