SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recruiting Rankings

Default Re: Recruiting Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    Recruiting is a year around process and top rated athlete should be contacted two years before they commit.

Did we try to recruit this player from Richmond Hill?
    http://www.southernpigskin.com/recru...ffery-commits/

You're atkeast a year too late if you start recruiting top rated athletes 2 years before they commit.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Does not appear that way but could be for a ton of different reasons. He is going to a place that has 13 WR on the roster and three committed for 2018.

He talks in the article about the Fortune 500 companies in Cincy. Sounds to me like he wants to get away from the small town atmosphere.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

3. Default Re: Recruiting Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by 1MX View Post
    Recruiting is a year around process and top rated athlete should be contacted two years before they commit.
    Yep... however, student athletes and coaches have a tendency to change their minds, or move on to "better" opportunities.

Absolutely right. I am going to start following our recruiting real close. That is something I rarely paid attention to in past years

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    You're atkeast a year too late if you start recruiting top rated athletes 2 years before they commit.
    Cmon half we all know ratings dont mean anything....

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Cmon half we all know ratings dont mean anything....
    our guy Fritz putting together a nice 2018 class, I think 6 three star's already.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    our guy Fritz putting together a nice 2018 class, I think 6 three star's already.
    The man can recruit and has really high standards for giving out scholarships. I completley agree with his stance on not giving out schollies unless he believes that a kid can absolutely play DIV I ball. I like the fact he is willing to not give out every single available scholarship if it is not warranted. All but one of the three star kids had a reported P5 offer and all I believe had other FBS offers. He is 19 spots ahead of us with one less recruit for reference BUT it is early and most of our guys have not been rated but by one service However the fact most of his are means they were on the national radar already....Tulane was a complete rebuild so I dont expect much for another few years as it was a really bad team. Good news is none are from GA so far. I figured his interest here would diminish as he has the four hour preference from campus thing.

I still think if he would have stayed he would have gotten a huge job sooner but if he turns around Tulane..I dont know how a big school does not give him a try.

you missed JDC's point.

Case in point

http://247sports.com/Season/2020-Foo...ecruitRankings

Top 100 for the year 2020

you missed JDC's point.