Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: About that rematch with UGA

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Here's the 4th down OT play.

a couple of things.

1. If Darien Foreman makes that block Ramsby gets the first down. Don't know if the UGA defender just made a good play or Foreman screwed up, but we had the numbers there.

2. If the ball was thrown sideways to Upshaw, that's a touchdown. For a guy named Ruse, we sure didn't like to do a lot of trick stuff on offense.
    I'll never understand it as long as I live. Had 3 on 2 on the outside. First down if not touchdown all day.
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I believe that was only the case for FCS schools, not G5s. And I believe it's still in effect given how many games Clemson has lined up with Wofford and Furman.
    Right. G5 and P5 are not different divisions, so we're free to play them now.

3. Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

I'm pretty sure throwing the ball to Upshaw was never an option and wasn't practiced.

The coaching staff assumed that UGA would shift to a sound defense on the motion. They did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'm pretty sure throwing the ball to Upshaw was never an option and wasn't practiced.

The coaching staff assumed that UGA would shift to a sound defense on the motion. They did not.
    I asked Fritz why not throw to Upshaw on that play. He didn't answer, only said bootleg was open also.

5. Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What point if the NCST game? We lost that game because Fritz DID kick the FG.

Both games have something in common though...Fritz not gong for the win probably cost us.
    Yep.
    There's no doubt Fritz was a good quality coach, but he inherited a LOADED team. He would be well down the list of my top GSU coaches.