SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: About that rematch with UGA

1. Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

The wildcat is like the 7th biggest reason we lost the game. Way too much stock put into that.

Muffing a punt and playing for OT in the first place but account for 98% of why we lost

Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

Inadvertent whistle. SEC officials. Then using replay to review an inadvertent whistle.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

I think that UGA is a little timid about rescheduling us. Nothing to gain...everything to lose.

4. Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

I wish Fritz would have let Koo eat..Hard to win in OT in enemy territory.57 yards..I think his career long was 53 but he had the distance.We had a Lou Groza award finalist to be and didn't know it yet.We have "The Hit", "The Run","The Catch"..this could've been "The Kick"

also, not going for the long FG in the 4th was a big mistake. Koo had the leg for it. Playing conservatively, and not attacking the corners more on our run plays were bad calls.

Quote Originally Posted by acm85 View Post
    I wish Fritz would have let Koo eat..Hard to win in OT in enemy territory.57 yards..I think his career long was 53 but he had the distance.We had a Lou Groza award finalist to be and didn't know it yet.We have "The Hit", "The Run","The Catch"..this could've been "The Kick"
    I don't know if Fritz has had bad experiences in the past with his kickers that affects his in-game calls, but that wasn't the first time I thought we should have tried a long FG and we did something different instead. The NCST game comes to mind too.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    I don't know if Fritz has had bad experiences in the past with his kickers that affects his in-game calls, but that wasn't the first time I thought we should have tried a long FG and we did something different instead. The NCST game comes to mind too.

What point if the NCST game? We lost that game because Fritz DID kick the FG.

Both games have something in common though...Fritz not gong for the win probably cost us.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: About that rematch with UGA

Not taking that kick was totally stupid, but that wildcat was mighty dumb.

I tend to focus on that because it was yay another golden chance handed to us, and we somehow boneheaded it up. A TD at that point was very possible, but not with such a jr. High play.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Dam Fritz.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    What point if the NCST game? We lost that game because Fritz DID kick the FG.

Both games have something in common though...Fritz not gong for the win probably cost us.
    You might be right, I'm remembering that backward. He seemed a bit on the conservative side in close games.

SIDENOTE: I think the wildcat at UGA stands out to us soo much because it was one of those "What the hell are you doing?" moments. You didn't need hindsight to see that disaster coming. I distinctly remember mumbling to myself when they lined up "this is a bad idea, this is a bad idea." I THOUGHT I was going to be pleasantly surprised for the first time that they might run something other than a direct carry by Ramsby, but I was disappointed. IMO that would have been the only saving grace out of that formation, but even then you would have been risking the game on a play you'd never done in a real game.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA