Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Which Alternate Uniform did you like best?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2012 Blue Camo Jersey

15 15.31%
  • 2013 Throwback Uniforms

11 11.22%
  • 2014 Traditions Uniform

34 34.69%
  • 2015 White Helmets

16 16.33%
  • 2016 Gold Rush

8 8.16%
  • Hate em all. Get off my lawn!

14 14.29%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

1. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    white helmets. GS on both sides. Every fall sat. Love it. Build that brand.
    +1

Love it, white or blue. Build that brand.

2. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

I like the white helmets and gold rush. Other two are no-go items

Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

Love it, white or blue. Build that brand.
    I could live with a blue GS helmet. I'm not a fan of the white helmet permanently, though. With a blue jersey we would look too much like Penn State, and I'm not crazy about the all-white road look like we had at App State, either.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

4. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

White helmets with the GS were the best. Wouldn't mind if we wore them once every single year. It would be hilarious if we wore them to Indiana and psyched them into thinking we're Penn State

5. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    I want those white helmets to be permanent. I hated those gold one against Savannah State. They made me ill.
    I do too. I think those would be awesome "away" uniforms.

The throwback uniforms were okay and the rest are awful.

I almost started the same thread a few weeks ago, there were some discussions on /r/CFB on Reddit about best and worst alternates. For me, I would rank them as -

1. Camo - first alternates ever, I thought they were a good start since they kept the same general look as our traditional uni's but were different.
    2. White Helmets - I know they weren't as flashy but for an alternate I thought they looked great, especially the all-white we wore against App.
    3. Teachers - Cool concept for a throwback
    4. Traditions - I didn't think they were as cool as everyone else, I actually thought they were the ugliest until...
    5. Gold Rush - these were hideous IMO. They looked like a middle schooler designed them on EA NCAA Football 14 or something. I think throwing some gold on the unis could be cool, but it was too much, too loud, the words all over the place...just wasn't a fan at all.

I'd be fine with adding the white helmet regularly for 1 or 2 home games a year. The white helmet with the blue home uniforms really popped.

I disagree. I am of the party that finds the white helmet to look too much like Penn State. I would advocate a flat blue helmet at some point. I also liked the gold rush unis. Wouldn't mind working in more gold. Not many teams wear that color.

Quote Originally Posted by gsufan11 View Post
    I disagree. I am of the party that finds the white helmet to look too much like Penn State. I would advocate a flat blue helmet at some point. I also liked the gold rush unis. Wouldn't mind working in more gold. Not many teams wear that color.
    I like the white helmet with the blue but Im on board with a flat blue too. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing White helmet/blue top and Blue helmet white top.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerEagle View Post
    I almost started the same thread a few weeks ago, there were some discussions on /r/CFB on Reddit about best and worst alternates. For me, I would rank them as -

1. Camo - first alternates ever, I thought they were a good start since they kept the same general look as our traditional uni's but were different.
    2. White Helmets - I know they weren't as flashy but for an alternate I thought they looked great, especially the all-white we wore against App.
    3. Teachers - Cool concept for a throwback
    4. Traditions - I didn't think they were as cool as everyone else, I actually thought they were the ugliest until...
    5. Gold Rush - these were hideous IMO. They looked like a middle schooler designed them on EA NCAA Football 14 or something. I think throwing some gold on the unis could be cool, but it was too much, too loud, the words all over the place...just wasn't a fan at all.

I LOVE the Gold Rush helmets. But I can do without the rest of the uniform.
    especially the shirts

Horace Deal, OD
    Eagle Booster
    Mercer Alumni
    Adopted Eagle since '85
    GSAthletics Eye Doc since 2000