SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Which Alternate Uniform did you like best?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2012 Blue Camo Jersey

15 15.31%
  • 2013 Throwback Uniforms

11 11.22%
  • 2014 Traditions Uniform

34 34.69%
  • 2015 White Helmets

16 16.33%
  • 2016 Gold Rush

8 8.16%
  • Hate em all. Get off my lawn!

14 14.29%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

1. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Yeah, liked the Gold Rush helmets. Uniform wasn't too bad either, matched the helmet.😎

Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Anyone know if the white helmets exist anymore? Or were they repurposed for the gold rush helmets?

3. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Quote Originally Posted by sixyearplan View Post
    Anyone know if the white helmets exist anymore? Or were they repurposed for the gold rush helmets?
    I believe they have been repurposed for this years alternates...

lol, I'm kidding, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    white helmets. GS on both sides. Every fall sat. Love it. Build that brand.

1. Voted for the traditions uniform. I've always wanted to see that logo on the helmet - not advocating any permanent changes though.

2. I actually liked the throwbacks. I know the stripes are strange, but a lot of teams did that back then. I loved the helmets.

3. Gold rush was OK - just too gaudy gold. Not quite like a mouth full of gold teeth over the top,but approaching that with the gold. But again - the "medallion" logo was the selling point to me.

4. Not really a fan of the white helmets at all. I'm not critical of any of them when we do them and I don't mind it OCCASIONALLY.
    I thought we might try (only every now and then) using that "brand"ed GS in white letters on the Blue helmet. Don't think we've done that.

5. Like the military support - but don't care for the blue camo - was good for a one and done though.

Overall - it's a positive. Might be better done on our home FCS games to generate excitement and get people to come out? NEVER on Homecoming. JMOP.

I'd like to see a few set ups: (1 time alternate of course)

1: the old school medallion in the original coloring/ blue on top of circle and yellow below on the blue helmet. We'd have to set it in a white circle to break up the blue on the helmet from the blue in logo.
    - Do that with a yellow strip on the pants maybe.
    2: Strutting GUS!
    3. The new Eagle head logo
    4: I like the former "secondary" logo with the GS & Eagle head. It would look dang good I think.

Quote Originally Posted by NashvilleEagle View Post
    white helmets. GS on both sides. Every fall sat. Love it. Build that brand.
    How about never.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Nm

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I believe they have been repurposed for this years alternates...

lol, I'm kidding, I have no idea.
    With the right color and a little tweaking, that would be IT!

I'll be the one to jump off the cliff first...

I really want our helmets - in whatever color or fashion - to feature the eagle head on one side and our 'GS' on the other.

I love the numbers and think they look great. But the time has come to move on. The numbers made us an easy stand-in for I-AA Bama for years. That was all well and good when we essentially were that - dominating the next level of competition. But now it's time to change... at least a little.

The 'GS' symbol identifies us. The academic logo is unique and awesome. And our numbers are already on the front and back of the jerseys.

We're in the top level of college football. It's time to stop gushing over recognition for having such a traditional uni and start building a look - and a team - that speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    I'll be the one to jump off the cliff first...

I really want our helmets - in whatever color or fashion - to feature the eagle head on one side and our 'GS' on the other.

I love the numbers and think they look great. But the time has come to move on. The numbers made us an easy stand-in for I-AA Bama for years. That was all well and good when we essentially were that - dominating the next level of competition. But now it's time to change... at least a little.

The 'GS' symbol identifies us. The academic logo is unique and awesome. And our numbers are already on the front and back of the jerseys.

We're in the top level of college football. It's time to stop gushing over recognition for having such a traditional uni and start building a look - and a team - that speaks for itself.
    Yeah, no.

(get off my lawn, yada yada yada)
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.