SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Which Alternate Uniform did you like best?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2012 Blue Camo Jersey

15 15.31%
  • 2013 Throwback Uniforms

11 11.22%
  • 2014 Traditions Uniform

34 34.69%
  • 2015 White Helmets

16 16.33%
  • 2016 Gold Rush

8 8.16%
  • Hate em all. Get off my lawn!

14 14.29%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

I've been wanting a logo on the helmet for like 10 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Oh.....and can you only imagine if Fritz would have had a Tulane based Jersey in 2014. Nobody else laugh at the irony in the military jersey under Monken?
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    I'll be the one to jump off the cliff first...

I really want our helmets - in whatever color or fashion - to feature the eagle head on one side and our 'GS' on the other.

I love the numbers and think they look great. But the time has come to move on. The numbers made us an easy stand-in for I-AA Bama for years. That was all well and good when we essentially were that - dominating the next level of competition. But now it's time to change... at least a little.

The 'GS' symbol identifies us. The academic logo is unique and awesome. And our numbers are already on the front and back of the jerseys.

We're in the top level of college football. It's time to stop gushing over recognition for having such a traditional uni and start building a look - and a team - that speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post

Like I said... jumping off a cliff and all...

I love our basic, plain uniforms and want to keep them in the fold. But we're on tv now. Sex sells. Let's be sexy.

5. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

I really want our helmets - in whatever color or fashion - to feature the eagle head on one side and our 'GS' on the other.

I love the numbers and think they look great. But the time has come to move on. The numbers made us an easy stand-in for I-AA Bama for years. That was all well and good when we essentially were that - dominating the next level of competition. But now it's time to change... at least a little.

The 'GS' symbol identifies us. The academic logo is unique and awesome. And our numbers are already on the front and back of the jerseys.

We're in the top level of college football. It's time to stop gushing over recognition for having such a traditional uni and start building a look - and a team - that speaks for itself.
    I could not agree more, except for liking the helmet numbers... I find absolutely nothing appealing about them. For a (typically) good football program with limited funds it only makes sense to brand ourselves better on the football field. Personally, I prefer the GS on the helmet for that very reason, but I would not complain about the academic logo for the same reasons you mentioned... Unique and awesome.

I could live with this as long as it's the medallion logo. I do not want to put our current athletic eagle logo on the helmets.

Ideally, I would like to have some kind of logo that incorporates something resembling an eagle with GS also on it, similar to Eastern Washington's logo.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I don't like the idea of two different logos on the sides. If we do a logo, put the same one on both sides. I like the GS better than the medallion logo simply for name recognition purposes.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

8. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

The only thing that was good about the traditions unis were the helmets. The rest of it was too gimmicky and we couldn't even wear the GATA sleeve undershirt because the NCAA prohibited it. I'm very conflicted because I love both the Medallion logo and the GS logo and both look amazing on the side of a helmet. I would be okay with incorporating either onto our blue helmets as long as they kept the same 'plain blue and white' look. Like instead of white numbers on the sides, we had a white 'GS' that looked similar.

GS logos on helmet. Maybe even a number on one side - everyone wins.

Academic logo on the chest, like Superman.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    The only thing that was good about the traditions unis were the helmets. The rest of it was too gimmicky and we couldn't even wear the GATA sleeve undershirt because the NCAA prohibited it. I'm very conflicted because I love both the Medallion logo and the GS logo and both look amazing on the side of a helmet. I would be okay with incorporating either onto our blue helmets as long as they kept the same 'plain blue and white' look. Like instead of white numbers on the sides, we had a white 'GS' that looked similar.
    I would totally be on board with having a blue helmet that was like the white helmet. Blue with white GS