Follow GSUFANS.com on

View Poll Results: Which Alternate Uniform did you like best?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2012 Blue Camo Jersey

15 15.31%
  • 2013 Throwback Uniforms

11 11.22%
  • 2014 Traditions Uniform

34 34.69%
  • 2015 White Helmets

16 16.33%
  • 2016 Gold Rush

8 8.16%
  • Hate em all. Get off my lawn!

14 14.29%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Maybe a flat blue with with GS. That would be nice looking!

I dont mind some subtle changes to uniforms but nothing like Oregon, except maybe ONCE a year or something. The players love that stuff though so

3. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Number on one side, GS logo on the other. Two sets of helmets: white and matte blue.

Gold is not one of our primary colors and has been de-emphasized as one of our secondary colors in favor of gray/silver. I'd rather not see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    Number on one side, GS logo on the other. Two sets of helmets: white and matte blue.

Gold is not one of our primary colors and has been de-emphasized as one of our secondary colors in favor of gray/silver. I'd rather not see it again.
    But we may see a reemergence of the gold as a reasonable tribute to Armstrong, which I am ok with if its done across the board and without being gaudy.

Not connected to the quote:
    I understand wanting to modernize things, but I see our unis more as a symbol of our beginnings rather than just trying to be traditional. Its not about being blue bama or just being traditional, clean, and classic. Our unis have an actual meaning to it, which I like. For what its worth, I am a pretty recent grad.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post

Please lord, yes! Can we try matte blue helmets! Also, Grey isn't being promoted as the secondary/accent color over the gold. Only Athletics can actually use the grey accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgia Southern University Identity Standards
    Official Colors
    Georgia Southern University's Official colors are Georgia Southern Blue and White, with a gold accent. The Athletics marks may incorporate a gray accent color as well.

http://aea.georgiasouthern.edu/marke...NAL.pdf#page=9
    OAS AAS LLS

6. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Matte Navy helmet with silver Medallion Logo on one side or both
    Matching Navy uniform with silver numbers/lettering and silver running up the sides
    White pants with the same silver up the sides
    Silver Adidas with Navy laces to match

Call it the Slick Silvers and use it as an alternate. You're welcome GS athletics.

I liked all the alternate unis for a one week thing. I wasnt a fan so much for the white helmet but can put up with it for one week. I would scream if anyone wanted change our basic traditional navy and white. Traditions mean something.
    Soaring on to the Sunbelt! GATA Eagles!

Many teams use some kind of dark blue in their uniforms, so when you're talking about building "a look" you need to be careful. If you don't like people saying we're nothing but a blue Alabama, you'll probably like even less people saying we're Penn State with a logo slapped on the helmet.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

9. Default Re: Favorite Alernate Uniform So Far?

Oregon is on top at uniform innovation.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor23 View Post
    I liked all the alternate unis for a one week thing. I wasnt a fan so much for the white helmet but can put up with it for one week. I would scream if anyone wanted change our basic traditional navy and white. Traditions mean something.
    i agree.

1 or even 2 alternates in a season is cool.

But changing our basic look? Mistake.

We are a BLUE collar - hard nosed -run the football down your throat, hard hitting (ERK BALL) - Get After Their A$@$@# football team!

We don't need to be playing Martha Stewart and redecorating everything like brian van dip-snot began doing. No Permanent Changes!

I love a lot of the ideas - the matte blue, etc. AS ALTERNATES.

I'm not a fan of unbalanced - maybe I'm OCD? But on the alternates - either go with logos on both sides, or numbers. I don't like #'s on one side/logo the other.

The Silver/grey idea with the Medallion (even in white) on both sides of a matte blue helmet would look very good for a game or two.

But our roots in simple, focused tradition is part of who we are.

I remember reading Erk's book and him talking about coaching at a HS. It's been a while, but as I recall the story - Erk was coaching a school that had $, and nice buses/fancy things.
    They were meeting the other team for a supper or bond fire or some get together - maybe the night before a championship or big game? The other team may have even been late due to bus trouble (maybe that was in a movie?) - but anyway.... The other team showed up in run down buses and were just true grit kind of guys. Erk (as I recall reading) - made some kind of mental note that he knew his team was in trouble and sure enough... the boys from the other side of the tracks wore them out in the game. I maybe miss remembering some of that, but I think I've got the jest of the story right. I used to want to change the helmet to, but that was before I realized or embraced what it all stood for. Now - I never want to see it changed.
    I like seeing the alternates and cool ideas. But go to the helmet project (if that is still a thing) and look at all the teams searching for an identity, how most every other team has gone through so many big changes to their uniforms. But not us. There is like 1 change, and then back - Well, since we were "GA Southern" anyway.
    We are recognizable, that uniform IS our brand. We don't even need the "GS" for people to know who we are.

I'd also make the argument that by keeping our basic uniform 99% of the time - UNCHANGED - It makes the appeal and interest in our alternates more interesting. Because it's such a novelty here.