Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DELL McGEE

Default DELL McGEE

Just got a 75K raise to $350 his base is currently higher than Summers. Obviously Summers make a lot more in total....still. No more crying for Dell he doing alright with little pressure.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Default Re: DELL McGEE

he just brought in the number 1 RB recruit in the country I think I heard the other day.
    Once won an argument with half

I'll just have to defer to you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    he just brought in the number 1 RB recruit in the country I think I heard the other day.

Yep. To go along with the #4 RB last year. Would have been the #4 and #8 if they didn't have to cut the #8 loose due to lack of scholarship once Chubb and Michel decided to come back. And of course you go back to when he was here and he is responsible for Wesley Fields.

90% of being a RB coach is recruiting (which is why don't get me started on how stupid it is to still have Foster on staff) and McGee is one of the best in the business. UGA will pay him top dollar.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Just got a 75K raise to $350 his base is currently higher than Summers. Obviously Summers make a lot more in total....still. No more crying for Dell he doing alright with little pressure.

Also with a 2 year guarantee
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Yep. To go along with the #4 RB last year. Would have been the #4 and #8 if they didn't have to cut the #8 loose due to lack of scholarship once Chubb and Michel decided to come back. And of course you go back to when he was here and he is responsible for Wesley Fields.

90% of being a RB coach is recruiting (which is why don't get me started on how stupid it is to still have Foster on staff) and McGee is one of the best in the business. UGA will pay him top dollar.
    He was only forbidden to recruit for 1 season though right? Or was that a multiyear punishment? Don't get me wrong, it inhales vigorously that in a run heavy offense our RB coach couldn't recruit, but I like what I see on film from the guys we got this year despite their low recruit rankings.
    Last edited by TrueBlueAlum; 29th June 2017 at 03:55 PM.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    He was only forbidden to recruit for 1 season though right? Or was that a multiyear punishment? Don't get me wrong, it inhales vigorously that in a run heavy offense our RB coach couldn't recruit, but I like what I see on film from the guys we got this year despite their low recruit rankings.

Hopefully that's true.

I guess you can never have enough horses in the stable, but with what we have - not the worst thing to focus on other positions for a season. You never know what you might be missing on, but also that might be another available scholarship at that position for next years crop?

Lemons into Lemonade and all....

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    I think he can't recruit until August.

All that and just a few years removed from a high school job.....
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

9. Default Re: DELL McGEE

I'd bet my life Dell McGee could have won 6 games last year. Glad he's doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    I'd bet my life Dell McGee could have won 6 games last year. Glad he's doing well.
    Kevin Ellison, BJ Johnson, Matt Breida, and Andy Kwon could've coached their respective positions last year and I don't think we could've been any worse on offense.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.