SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: DELL McGEE

Default Re: DELL McGEE

I guess it's just pure luck that Nick Saban has the top class on 247 every year.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Lol. Kirby Smart
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I guess it's just pure luck that Nick Saban has the top class on 247 every year.
    Fact is half of all 5 star recruits are busts. Luckily for Saban is he's got so many of them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Fact is half of all 5 star recruits are busts. Luckily for Saban is he's got so many of them.
    "got so many of them", +1000

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post

It's not like the percentage of 4 and 3 stars is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'd completely disagree that the team played any harder in that bowl game than they usually did for Fritz. Ga St is the only game I can think of in his 2 years where we looked really lethargic.
    for the most yes, but the Fritz teams that played UGA were different from West Virginia and Ga St. I felt like the highs were really good under Fritz, but there were some inconsistancies in how we played under him as well. The navy and app st games felt lethargic to me, but I'll say it again, maybe it was circumstance, maybe he's a special coach, but I just felt the team played out of there shoes for Dell and at a level I havent seen in some time. And yes, given the chance I'd venture to say Dell would up our recruiting prowess a notch or two!
    Go Eagles!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    for the most yes, but the Fritz teams that played UGA were different from West Virginia and Ga St. I felt like the highs were really good under Fritz, but there were some inconsistancies in how we played under him as well. The navy and app st games felt lethargic to me, but I'll say it again, maybe it was circumstance, maybe he's a special coach, but I just felt the team played out of there shoes for Dell and at a level I havent seen in some time. And yes, given the chance I'd venture to say Dell would up our recruiting prowess a notch or two!

I don't have a problem with how hard our players played against WVU, we just didn't play well and as a result got our ***** handed to us by the better team that night. Same goes for Navy. If you think we came out lethargic against App St then I recommend you go back and watch that game again. We came out jacked up and playing like world beaters the first bit of that game. Scored on our first possession and stuffed them on their first possesion. Unfortunately we couldn't complete a pass, which allowed a good defense to stack the box against our run and they completely shut us down after that.

I'd argue that what we saw in the bowl game was a byproduct of what Fritz had instilled in the team, not something that McGee changed in 3 weeks. I didn't see us play any harder in that game than basically every game under Fritz minus the Ga St game at the end of his tenure. It's obvious by reading the posts on this board though that the Ga St game skewed the memory of a lot of people when it comes to Fritz. Now what McGee did appear to do was keep that emotion up and keep that never give up attitude that we had under Fritz. The Go Daddy Bowl was much more a result of BGSU not having a clue how to defend us than McGee getting the players to play harder.

Now we are obviously on the same page when it comes to his ability to recruit and what he could do for us there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I don't have a problem with how hard our players played against WVU, we just didn't play well and as a result got our ***** handed to us by the better team that night. Same goes for Navy. If you think we came out lethargic against App St then I recommend you go back and watch that game again. We came out jacked up and playing like world beaters the first bit of that game. Scored on our first possession and stuffed them on their first possesion. Unfortunately we couldn't complete a pass, which allowed a good defense to stack the box against our run and they completely shut us down after that.

I'd argue that what we saw in the bowl game was a byproduct of what Fritz had instilled in the team, not something that McGee changed in 3 weeks. I didn't see us play any harder in that game than basically every game under Fritz minus the Ga St game at the end of his tenure. It's obvious by reading the posts on this board though that the Ga St game skewed the memory of a lot of people when it comes to Fritz. Now what McGee did appear to do was keep that emotion up and keep that never give up attitude that we had under Fritz. The Go Daddy Bowl was much more a result of BGSU not having a clue how to defend us than McGee getting the players to play harder.

Now we are obviously on the same page when it comes to his ability to recruit and what he could do for us there.
    +1 and don't forget who brought Dell in in the first place, that be Mr Fritz.

9. Default Re: DELL McGEE

It's neither here nor there, Tits for tats. McGee is UGA assistant now and probably for a long time. He'll recruit to his heart's content for UGA. Doesn't mean he's the only good recruiter in Georgia and we shouldn't use our failure to hire him as a recruiting excuse. There's more to Eagle football than a McGee hire. We'll be just fine.😎

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    He has been a whole lot luckier recruiting at UA than he was recruiting at MSU.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1