SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: DELL McGEE

  1. #61

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    I guess it's just pure luck that Nick Saban has the top class on 247 every year.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  2. #62

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Lol. Kirby Smart
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    41,257

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I guess it's just pure luck that Nick Saban has the top class on 247 every year.
    Fact is half of all 5 star recruits are busts. Luckily for Saban is he's got so many of them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,051

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Fact is half of all 5 star recruits are busts. Luckily for Saban is he's got so many of them.
    "got so many of them", +1000

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,580

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Fact is half of all 5 star recruits are busts. Luckily for Saban is he's got so many of them.

    It's not like the percentage of 4 and 3 stars is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  6. #66

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'd completely disagree that the team played any harder in that bowl game than they usually did for Fritz. Ga St is the only game I can think of in his 2 years where we looked really lethargic.
    for the most yes, but the Fritz teams that played UGA were different from West Virginia and Ga St. I felt like the highs were really good under Fritz, but there were some inconsistancies in how we played under him as well. The navy and app st games felt lethargic to me, but I'll say it again, maybe it was circumstance, maybe he's a special coach, but I just felt the team played out of there shoes for Dell and at a level I havent seen in some time. And yes, given the chance I'd venture to say Dell would up our recruiting prowess a notch or two!
    Go Eagles!!

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    JDC325's Head
    Posts
    26,580

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    for the most yes, but the Fritz teams that played UGA were different from West Virginia and Ga St. I felt like the highs were really good under Fritz, but there were some inconsistancies in how we played under him as well. The navy and app st games felt lethargic to me, but I'll say it again, maybe it was circumstance, maybe he's a special coach, but I just felt the team played out of there shoes for Dell and at a level I havent seen in some time. And yes, given the chance I'd venture to say Dell would up our recruiting prowess a notch or two!

    I don't have a problem with how hard our players played against WVU, we just didn't play well and as a result got our ***** handed to us by the better team that night. Same goes for Navy. If you think we came out lethargic against App St then I recommend you go back and watch that game again. We came out jacked up and playing like world beaters the first bit of that game. Scored on our first possession and stuffed them on their first possesion. Unfortunately we couldn't complete a pass, which allowed a good defense to stack the box against our run and they completely shut us down after that.

    I'd argue that what we saw in the bowl game was a byproduct of what Fritz had instilled in the team, not something that McGee changed in 3 weeks. I didn't see us play any harder in that game than basically every game under Fritz minus the Ga St game at the end of his tenure. It's obvious by reading the posts on this board though that the Ga St game skewed the memory of a lot of people when it comes to Fritz. Now what McGee did appear to do was keep that emotion up and keep that never give up attitude that we had under Fritz. The Go Daddy Bowl was much more a result of BGSU not having a clue how to defend us than McGee getting the players to play harder.

    Now we are obviously on the same page when it comes to his ability to recruit and what he could do for us there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,051

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I don't have a problem with how hard our players played against WVU, we just didn't play well and as a result got our ***** handed to us by the better team that night. Same goes for Navy. If you think we came out lethargic against App St then I recommend you go back and watch that game again. We came out jacked up and playing like world beaters the first bit of that game. Scored on our first possession and stuffed them on their first possesion. Unfortunately we couldn't complete a pass, which allowed a good defense to stack the box against our run and they completely shut us down after that.

    I'd argue that what we saw in the bowl game was a byproduct of what Fritz had instilled in the team, not something that McGee changed in 3 weeks. I didn't see us play any harder in that game than basically every game under Fritz minus the Ga St game at the end of his tenure. It's obvious by reading the posts on this board though that the Ga St game skewed the memory of a lot of people when it comes to Fritz. Now what McGee did appear to do was keep that emotion up and keep that never give up attitude that we had under Fritz. The Go Daddy Bowl was much more a result of BGSU not having a clue how to defend us than McGee getting the players to play harder.

    Now we are obviously on the same page when it comes to his ability to recruit and what he could do for us there.
    +1 and don't forget who brought Dell in in the first place, that be Mr Fritz.

  9. Default Re: DELL McGEE

    It's neither here nor there, Tits for tats. McGee is UGA assistant now and probably for a long time. He'll recruit to his heart's content for UGA. Doesn't mean he's the only good recruiter in Georgia and we shouldn't use our failure to hire him as a recruiting excuse. There's more to Eagle football than a McGee hire. We'll be just fine.😎

  10. #70

    Default Re: DELL McGEE

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I guess it's just pure luck that Nick Saban has the top class on 247 every year.
    He has been a whole lot luckier recruiting at UA than he was recruiting at MSU.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Similar Threads

  1. Dell McGee
    By eagleeye in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 29th December 2015, 08:09 PM
  2. DELL MCGEE
    By GangsterGUS in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 25th December 2015, 11:22 AM
  3. Dell McGee named Interim Coach
    By AcctEagle221 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 17th December 2015, 09:01 PM
  4. Video - Interview with Dell McGee including many questions
    By BullochHLN in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14th December 2015, 10:14 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •