Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Ok it's over....for now

  1. #1

    Default Ok it's over....for now

    During the passing of our Independence Day, I was given the rare opportunity to kick back, consume some adult beverages and watch old GS games(thanks to Klak for the videos), and so now I hereby declare that I'm over my *****y attitude about all things GS football and I'm wiping the slate clean going forward. I've convinced myself that I will give Summers' new staff a chance and I will now begin my zealous anticipation of the opening kickoff at Auburn. While it is a well-known fact that we will be heavy underdogs and things could snowball badly in this one, I think we have a puncher's chance assuming we execute well and get a few turnovers. No matter the Auburn result, I'll still be pumped and positive for UNH, the first tailgate of the season, and our first home endeavor. I think we will be favored in this one and we won't disappoint. Unlike Auburn however, I expect us to win easily at best, or by at least 10 points at worst should we experience some unforeseen problems. Lose this game and I will kindly request that I be banned from the board until Summers is no longer the HC. Assuming we win, going forward I do not expect to win them all. I DO EXPECT that we show steady improvement as the season progresses, whether we finish 2-9 or 13-0. Anyway, 'nuff said, let's GATA.
    GATA!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    LIKE button
    Horace Deal, OD
    Eagle Booster
    Mercer Alumni
    Adopted Eagle since '85
    GSAthletics Eye Doc since 2000

  3. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    That must've been some good stuff. I'll have what he's having.
    Robbie May
    SOAR - 1995
    BBA - Finance
    Class of 1998

  4. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    Did ValleyBoy and SwampEagle certify and approve this? 😎

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    23,557

    Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    He's BACK!, of course a shiny new truck does wonders for an attitude problem(smile)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    1,542

    Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    During the passing of our Independence Day, I was given the rare opportunity to kick back, consume some adult beverages and watch old GS games(thanks to Klak for the videos), and so now I hereby declare that I'm over my *****y attitude about all things GS football and I'm wiping the slate clean going forward. I've convinced myself that I will give Summers' new staff a chance and I will now begin my zealous anticipation of the opening kickoff at Auburn. While it is a well-known fact that we will be heavy underdogs and things could snowball badly in this one, I think we have a puncher's chance assuming we execute well and get a few turnovers. No matter the Auburn result, I'll still be pumped and positive for UNH, the first tailgate of the season, and our first home endeavor. I think we will be favored in this one and we won't disappoint. Unlike Auburn however, I expect us to win easily at best, or by at least 10 points at worst should we experience some unforeseen problems. Lose this game and I will kindly request that I be banned from the board until Summers is no longer the HC. Assuming we win, going forward I do not expect to win them all. I DO EXPECT that we show steady improvement as the season progresses, whether we finish 2-9 or 13-0. Anyway, 'nuff said, let's GATA.
    Who are you and what have you done with OF?


    Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

    EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

  7. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    April fool's day is long gone and past us.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    Glad to have you back on board, OF! Bummed me out to see you so, well, bummed out. GATA
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    23,557

    Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    Glad to have you back on board, OF! Bummed me out to see you so, well, bummed out. GATA
    Thats 1 of 3 good buddies, I still got 2 out there that are still highly discouraged with the state of GS football.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Thats 1 of 3 good buddies, I still got 2 out there that are still highly discouraged with the state of GS football.
    We all are...but we have two options. Continue to be negative and poison those waters. Or hop on the hope train and pray for the best. The spirit of Eagle Nation can't become a distraction or hindrance to our guys on the field who are putting it all out there for our entertainment and pride.

    GATA fellas!!
    "I've seen more heat in an Easy Bake Oven, Meat!"

    Carlton Stewart
    c/o 2010, CIT
    Eagle fan since 1999
    Bronze Eagle since 2011
    North Augusta, South Carolina

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •