SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ok it's over....for now

Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Don't attempt to speak for everyone. I am certainly not discouraged and never have been. We have a wonderful gentleman leading our program and we are fortunate to have him and his staff.
    USA Today writer might not agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    USA Today writer might not agree with you
    I doubt Tyson Summers had anything to do with these Shenanigans. There's been funky stuff going on with contracts and bad blood between him and former coaches going back to Jeff Monken.
    Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Well, if what is being alleged in this law suit is true, that wonderful gentleman leading our program is a liar.
    He doesn't write contracts.......... That would come from higher up.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I doubt Tyson Summers had anything to do with these Shenanigans. There's been funky stuff going on with contracts and bad blood between him and former coaches going back to Jeff Monken.
    Seriously?

Nothing about Summers is "wonderful"
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    I am sure his family would beg to differ.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I am sure his family would beg to differ.
    Wonderful Person vs Competent Head Football Coach...Apples and Orange Life Jackets
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

My prognosis for this season and this staff has remained the same. I'm optimistic about the 2017 season but I can turn on this coaching staff as early as week 2. UNH is a MUST win game. There's no injury, weather, etc excuse for me with this game. Remaining schedule is a toss up with every opponents. All the remaining games are winnable. Do I anticipate Southern winning all of them or at least half? Answer is no. I just want this team to remain competitive for 2017 and have the opportunity to win every game come the 4th QTR.

For Summers to remain as coach ........

Win vs UNH
    Defense show improvement and SPEED in 2017. Zo and Summers preached this when they were hired. Summers trademark is DEFENSE. He needs to step up in this department.
    Offense needs to progress as the season moves forward.
    Competitive throughout the season and have the players buy into both the defense and offense.

He does this then we can talk about Summers in the Summer of 2018!

I'm sure that Summers had a talk with TK prior to the "new contracts" being offered up and told him that he planned to let them go, and when TK realized that the original contracts hadn't been signed, he probably saw that opportunity to shortchange Dean and Gillespie and save the department a few bucks. Maybe it wasn't TK though, maybe it was the Blythe character - either way, I doubt Summers had anything to do with the actual contract scandal other than letting his intentions of firing the OC's be known.

IMO this is a bad, bad look for our athletic department, ESPECIALLY when you consider that they wouldn't give Cook the 24 month contract but would give those two an 18 month contract. I usually will try to defend TK because I think he does whats best for our university but ultimately this is his responsibility and I would expect to hear something from him regarding this.

they say any press is good press...not everyday GS ends up in USAToday
    Once won an argument with half

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I'll just have to defer to you on that.