Thread: Ok it's over....for now

1. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Nothing about Summers is "wonderful"
    IMO, his paycheck is...

Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO, his paycheck is...
    I guess if you compare it to a D2, D3 or a FCS HC, not that wonderful when you compare it to fellow FBS HC's.

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    Don't attempt to speak for everyone. I am certainly not discouraged and never have been. We have a wonderful gentleman leading our program and we are fortunate to have him and his staff.

Never? I don't remember a ton of enthusiasm the day he was hired.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Never? I don't remember a ton of enthusiasm the day he was hired.
    That was before I met him. One conversation was all I needed.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

5. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    My prognosis for this season and this staff has remained the same. I'm optimistic about the 2017 season but I can turn on this coaching staff as early as week 2. UNH is a MUST win game. There's no injury, weather, etc excuse for me with this game. Remaining schedule is a toss up with every opponents. All the remaining games are winnable. Do I anticipate Southern winning all of them or at least half? Answer is no. I just want this team to remain competitive for 2017 and have the opportunity to win every game come the 4th QTR.

For Summers to remain as coach ........

Win vs UNH
    Defense show improvement and SPEED in 2017. Zo and Summers preached this when they were hired. Summers trademark is DEFENSE. He needs to step up in this department.
    Offense needs to progress as the season moves forward.
    Competitive throughout the season and have the players buy into both the defense and offense.

He does this then we can talk about Summers in the Summer of 2018!
    I would probably add in at least one other "must-win" game... If we lose again to Georgia friggin' State, then they may as well run him down the blue mile on a rail!! I don't think our fans can handle that level of humiliation for three consecutive years...

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I guess if you compare it to a D2, D3 or a FCS HC, not that wonderful when you compare it to fellow FBS HC's.
    He makes $500k to live in south Georgia. He makes $500k with no experience. He makes $500k because....

Can't come up with a good reason. Summers is paid well in line with his experience, qualifications, and achievements. Definitely shouldn't be compared to any other FBS head coach that has any of the above.

7. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTeacher View Post
    I would probably add in at least one other "must-win" game... If we lose again to Georgia friggin' State, then they may as well run him down the blue mile on a rail!! I don't think our fans can handle that level of humiliation for three consecutive years...

This is true.

I can understand a loss to App. They are actually good.

Gag loss would be absolutely unacceptable. We may as well lose to some HS team.

8. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by GSU2011fan View Post
    He makes $500k to live in south Georgia. He makes $500k with no experience. He makes $500k because....

Can't come up with a good reason. Summers is paid well in line with his experience, qualifications, and achievements. Definitely shouldn't be compared to any other FBS head coach that has any of the above.
    I support Coach Summers and his staff this season. But reality sinks in. He failed miserably last season with a team that returned 17 starters and a 9-4 record with a GoDaddy Bowl win. I'm not sure the new OC can make that much difference with a young and experienced group including the QB position. Hope I'm wrong.

But as far as compensation, we got what we paid for.

9. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Sadly, most of those coaches have more experience, however, I was comparing it to my own paycheck, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    Did ValleyBoy and SwampEagle certify and approve this? 😎
    I have no power over the Aged Smelly One. Thus said, my "approval" is irrelevant. Furthermore, I aspire to neither condemn nor endorse OF's nor anyone else's (with the possible exception of Nolat) attitude or enthusiasm (or lack thereof) towards our program UNLESS I can figure a way to profit from it. After due consideration, careful perusal of said OF statement in this thread, I cannot see any quick, easy, painless, seamless, immoral way to increase my personal wealth from his comments, therefore I hereby and irrevocably abstain from endorsement, encouragement, acknowledgement, condemnation, or ignoration.....with the exception, of course, of the consumation (and not consummation, of which OF is obviously too old to participate) of libation (but not libidation).

Additonally, SwampEagle disclaims any rights, trademarks, obligations, whether they be contractual, factual or otherwise implied, to any attitude, thought, idea, complaint, praise, statement of fact, statement of falsehood, statement of fact thought to be false, statement of falsehood thought to be fact, breakage of wind, tweet, post, off record remark, on record remark, off record remark thought to be on record, on record remark thought to be off record, jest, wink, nod, raise of eyebrow, cat-call, dog-call, bird-call, call of nature, wolf-whistle, mime, meme, scream, yell, holler, psychic message, instant message, or threatening hand gesture made by said subject.