Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ok it's over....for now

Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    3 out of 11 individuals do not qualify an entire offense (or defense) as experienced/inexperienced... that is not contradiction, it is common sense. If 3 players have played a combined 100 years that does not mean the entire 11 man unit should be categorized as experienced. Even if 7-8 (projected) starters have played some snaps in a similar offense, some people are going to consider that overall offensive unit inexperienced- especially if the first two players to touch the ball on most plays are first time starters. You may not agree with it, but it will happen.

Dude it's not 3....it's 8. All 5 OLstarters have starting experience. Culbreth and Northrop have 2 years worth (1.5 if you want to be technical on Northrup).

No, 3 of 11 doesn't make it an experienced group. 8 of 11 does though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pike51 View Post
    See 2016 for an example. Just sayin'

Pretty sure we don't have a DE's coach coaching our OL this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

3. Default Re: Ok it's over....for now

Yeah, OL is experienced and strong. If they buy into Bodines program, we'll be good. More concerned about Mr Zo's DL. No QB defensive pressure and hurries result in a piss poor defensive effort.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Dude it's not 3....it's 8. All 5 OLstarters have starting experience. Culbreth and Northrop have 2 years worth (1.5 if you want to be technical on Northrup).

No, 3 of 11 doesn't make it an experienced group. 8 of 11 does though.
    These guys were also recruited to do something much more similar to what they'll be doing this year. I'm with you on calling this a very experienced group.

Btw. This is MY thread and y'all are screwing up my vibe with all this bickering. Just sayin'
    GATA!

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    During the passing of our Independence Day, I was given the rare opportunity to kick back, consume some adult beverages and watch old GS games(thanks to Klak for the videos), and so now I hereby declare that I'm over my *****y attitude about all things GS football and I'm wiping the slate clean going forward. I've convinced myself that I will give Summers' new staff a chance and I will now begin my zealous anticipation of the opening kickoff at Auburn. While it is a well-known fact that we will be heavy underdogs and things could snowball badly in this one, I think we have a puncher's chance assuming we execute well and get a few turnovers. No matter the Auburn result, I'll still be pumped and positive for UNH, the first tailgate of the season, and our first home endeavor. I think we will be favored in this one and we won't disappoint. Unlike Auburn however, I expect us to win easily at best, or by at least 10 points at worst should we experience some unforeseen problems. Lose this game and I will kindly request that I be banned from the board until Summers is no longer the HC. Assuming we win, going forward I do not expect to win them all. I DO EXPECT that we show steady improvement as the season progresses, whether we finish 2-9 or 13-0. Anyway, 'nuff said, let's GATA.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    3-9 but we'll have a lot of fun watching this new offense develop.
    Turncoat. SMH.

Hey, Tyson! Change the culture back!

Be your own biggest fan and your own harshest critic.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Turncoat. SMH.

That's not positive??? At least i didn't say it will be a colossal ****fest like the old oldfart would have said.
    GATA!