Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

1. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Their entire claim is that they didn't willingly do ****. It's a duress claim.

Sidenote. So many strong legal opinions on here. Am I to believe all of these Eagle fans have taken and passed a bar exam?

Have you?

That's what I thought.

No one here is pretending to be a lawyer or offering legal advice.

We just come here to chew the fat. Nothing wrong with that. No one gave me a penny for my opinion-and its worth exactly nothing.

Let's not pretend that we have to be lawyers to have an opinion.

My opinion is that detrimental reliance is not at issue here. It is not a professional legal opinion, but I think you will see that it won't fly.

Detrimental reliance is something else entirely. I don't think it applies here. Neither does duress. Just a smokescreen to shake some money out of some people who don't want to fool with court.

Duress. Total BS. "I signed my mortgage under duress. Give me my house for free!"

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post

Sit down and shut up. We already know Summers wanted Cook first. When he was told no then his back up plan was to find some coaches that could recruit the state of Georgia and could put together a Grade A recruiting class in less than a month which is how long they had before signing day. They put together a great class of recruits but couldn't coach worth the s***. Still Summers was having to do the best with what TK was allowin him. Want to blame someone, blame TK.
    No need to tell one to shut up.

He is expressing his opinion.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

3. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Detrimental reliance is not an issue here.

Those two willingly changed their terms. If they had not, and had been fired with too little time to find new jobs, it could have been.

I do agree that the contracts the school has put out in the last few years have been shady. And we all know who the source of that is. But detrimental reliance is not at issue here. I believe that possibility went away. What kind of idiot would sign a contract like that? Just get fired and then you would have a strong suit.
    Have you?

That's what I thought.

No one here is pretending to be a lawyer or offering legal advice.

We just come here to chew the fat. Nothing wrong with that. No one gave me a penny for my opinion-and its worth exactly nothing.

Let's not pretend that we have to be lawyers to have an opinion.

My opinion is that detrimental reliance is not at issue here. It is not a professional legal opinion, but I think you will see that it won't fly.

Detrimental reliance is something else entirely. I don't think it applies here. Neither does duress. Just a smokescreen to shake some money out of some people who don't want to fool with court.

Duress. Total BS. "I signed my mortgage under duress. Give me my house for free!"
    Yes. I have.

Graduated law school in May 2010 and passed the Georgia Bar in July 2010.

4. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Their entire claim is that they didn't willingly do ****. It's a duress claim.

Sidenote. So many strong legal opinions on here. Am I to believe all of these Eagle fans have taken and passed a bar exam?
    No. You may notice a lot of strong opinions about the football uniforms on this site, too... that does not mean everyone here is a fashion mogul. IMO, we do not have to categorize everyone that has an opinion about something here, opinions are a large part of public forums.

Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

No one gave me a penny for my opinion-and its worth exactly nothing.
    Finally, something on which we can all agree!

JK

6. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Yes. I have.

Good.

Then you should know what detrimental reliance is.

Please explain to me how some idiot signing a contract like this is relying on any misrepresentation to their detriment. These two clowns signed this thing without anyone twisting their arms.

They could well have asked on this shorter term to relieve them of obligations so they could joking their current employers. And now, they might be playing like it was somehow something they didn't understand.

Maybe those two "coaches" are doing their own legal work-and it's even more incompetent than their coaching

7. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Better to remain silent & be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt.

Yes. I have.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Forget how any of us feel about these guys. Signed contract in hand or not, the University cut them paychecks during their tenure here, paid/reimbursed them for normal business expenses, promoted them as members of the coaching staff, etc.,...all things that they wouldn't have done if there was anything shady going on. Is this anything more than a case of sour grapes...maybe. Is it a black mark on the University - hardly - this kind of thing happens all the time. Will it result in any further destruction of the University's image - I doubt it. I would be extremely surprised to find out that the University doesn't give itself the right to void any employment contract with any employee without notice. They have to be able to show just cause, but they don't necessarily have to give 2-3 warnings, handwritten notes to their mothers, etc. This will blow over quickly.
    Another intelligent post.

Just have to ask, for those bashing our University, what was your response back when Stowers sued us?
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

10. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No. You may notice a lot of strong opinions about the football uniforms on this site, too... that does not mean everyone here is a fashion mogul. IMO, we do not have to categorize everyone that has an opinion about something here, opinions are a large part of public forums.
    Yep.

Pretty pompous. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't have an opinion about a legal scam.

I'm not a football coach either, but I'm pretty sure last season inhale vigorouslyed.

Got to take a bar exam to be certain of anything.