TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

1. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    No need to tell one to shut up.

He is expressing his opinion.
    Apologies, however spinning every small bump in the road into an attack at Tyson Summers gets exhausting after a while. This is another example of TK messing up and everyone dumping blame is on Summers. It's ridiculous. Tyson Summers doesn't write up coaching contracts.

2. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

I'm of the opinion that there is only one right way to have handled this and that is to pay and terminate them per the terms of their original contract. For whatever reasons, we didn't do that. Now we are here and at risk of losing even more money than the original contracts.

I'm most certainly not a lawyer as I am in the other most hated group - I'm a contractor. If I issue someone a subcontract, receive a signed copy back but forget to execute it (I don't because I'm extremely anal), there are a list of actions that I could perform that would be equivalent to me signing the agreement... One of those is providing payment.

3. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

[QUOTE=jcountry;849501]

I'm not a football coach either, but I'm pretty sure last season inhale vigorouslyed.

Absolutely, no coaching experience or Law degree required.

4. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
    I'm of the opinion that there is only one right way to have handled this and that is to pay and terminate them per the terms of their original contract. For whatever reasons, we didn't do that. Now we are here and at risk of losing even more money than the original contracts.

I'm most certainly not a lawyer as I am in the other most hated group - I'm a contractor. If I issue someone a subcontract, receive a signed copy back but forget to execute it (I don't because I'm extremely anal), there are a list of actions that I could perform that would be equivalent to me signing the agreement... One of those is providing payment.
    Seems correct.

(But what could we possibly know?We didn't take the bar.)

Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

A couple things are certain. Kleinline is a total scumbag, and is pretty awful at his job. Everything that comes out of his mouth is an excuse for his incompetence.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

6. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    A couple things are certain. Kleinline is a total scumbag, and is pretty awful at his job. Everything that comes out of his mouth is an excuse for his incompetence.
    Sure is cute that he has a minty fresh contract extension.

Gonna have to put up with him a while longer. Unfortunately.

7. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

I agree with TrueBlueBrew about the comment on Tyson Summers. Just like Old Fart, I'm willing to forget about last year and be positive about our coach looking forward. When I read that Summers was in this lawsuit I thought.. "This coach had enough to deal with already and would not knowingly be apart of an ugly mess like this." The unfortunate think is that TK and others(speculation) knew this and knew how wet behind the ears he was--seeing an opportunity to push these contracts without Summers noticing--because he had his hands full already. I loathed our coaching staff last year-especially Summers and I was one of the biggest advocates to want him and his crew out of here, but I have seen a coach try to right the ship and is fighting to gain the respect of EAGLE NATION-- one recruit, one hire and one practice at a time. He's gaining my respect...one day at a time and hopefully will have it by the end of this season. To be honest, when I read this article I felt sorry for our school. What ever happened to "Do Right?" To "Do Right" was once a symbol of what we stood for-and people knew it. I can tell you that we are not "Doing Right" and the culprits are others along with Tk. People like Blythe and TK are changing the foundation ....no...as Erk would say...the FUDAMENTALS of what make us the greatest school ever! Fraud...let that sink in...Fraud. GSU is in a Fraud scandle. Would this have happened if we had only "DONE RIGHT?" Makes me sick to my stomach having to read all of these news articles talking about my school this way.....TK and Blythe...need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    No. You may notice a lot of strong opinions about the football uniforms on this site, too... that does not mean everyone here is a fashion mogul. IMO, we do not have to categorize everyone that has an opinion about something here, opinions are a large part of public forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Yep.

Pretty pompous. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't have an opinion about a legal scam.

I'm not a football coach either, but I'm pretty sure last season inhale vigorouslyed.

Got to take a bar exam to be certain of anything.
    No one implied that each of isn't entitled to our own opinion, but it's fair game to point out which ones are well-founded and rational and which ones are . . . not--especially with regard to such issues as the practice of law.
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

Been reading this all today. I'm assuming like everyone else, but I think it's taking things too literal to say just 6 months is why we didn't have Cook last year. We would have hired Cook a bit earlier than the Franken-option co-OC's. so it would be have had 2 fiscal years plus a partial year if we agreed to a 2 year deal last year. Lastly, I hope we just make the original contracts whole. We made and and budgeted that deal, and those guys showed up and worked. Yes, their performance was awful, but we should fire people with honesty rather than use a technicality that looks like bad faith. Just my opinion anyway.

10. Default Re: Former OC's to Sue Georgia Southern for Fraud

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    Been reading this all today. I'm assuming like everyone else, but I think it's taking things too literal to say just 6 months is why we didn't have Cook last year. We would have hired Cook a bit earlier than the Franken-option co-OC's. so it would be have had 2 fiscal years plus a partial year if we agreed to a 2 year deal last year. Lastly, I hope we just make the original contracts whole. We made and and budgeted that deal, and those guys showed up and worked. Yes, their performance was awful, but we should fire people with honesty rather than use a technicality that looks like bad faith. Just my opinion anyway.
    Detrimental reliance.

Come on Buzz. Drop some science on us.