SouthernFans.com
TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

1. Default Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Since the Eagles football program joined the Sun Belt conference and became a Football Bowl Subdivision program in 2014, total revenue has increased by nearly $11 million — and revenue just from the previous year increased by $9 million. But the Eagles are also spending much more than they were as a Football Championship Subdivision powerhouse......................

http://savannahnow.com/news/sports/2...s-surplus-2016
    "I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

We went from being second-to-last in revenue in the Sun Belt to being 4th.

Despite some missteps, TK deserves credit for that.

*ducks*

That said, it's still sobering to look at how we compare to the Group of 5 at large.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

It looks like they had a the funds to rid themselves of TS and pay the OC the agreed upon salaries; however, without the total liabilities this is just a guess. I think keeping TS around has more to do with TK and how it makes him look as a opposed to what is best for the program and the school.

4. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    It looks like they had a the funds to rid themselves of TS and pay the OC the agreed upon salaries; however, without the total liabilities this is just a guess. I think keeping TS around has more to do with TK and how it makes him look as a opposed to what is best for the program and the school.
    Our Total revenue for 2016 was $30,281,201 while our total expenses were $29,080,388. That surplus of 1M doesn't go very far when you're trying to pay FCOA, update a baseball facility, update a track facility, and hire a new expensive OC, AND pay off the old ones. I couldn't imagine trying to buy out a coaching contract and hire a new expensive coach too.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Our Total revenue for 2016 was $30,281,201 while our total expenses were $29,080,388. That surplus of 1M doesn't go very far when you're trying to pay FCOA, update a baseball facility, update a track facility, and hire a new expensive OC, AND pay off the old ones. I couldn't imagine trying to buy out a coaching contract and hire a new expensive coach too.
    I agree it doesn't go far, but Cook's salary (plus any one of the new position coach's salary) is not that much greater than the two former Co-OC's combined salaries. Plus, it doesn't appear we planned on paying off the old ones.

6. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We went from being second-to-last in revenue in the Sun Belt to being 4th.

Despite some missteps, TK deserves credit for that.

*ducks*

That said, it's still sobering to look at how we compare to the Group of 5 at large.
    In just a few short years GS has won a Football and M Soccer SBC title, been in the SBC title game in M Basketball and Baseball (x2) and revenue has reportedly increased $11mm and we have a surplus of +$1m... I understand some negative opinions of TK, but I also understand why he was offered an extension.

7. Default Re: Financial report shows GS Athletics with surplus for 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    True... but, we have to start somewhere and +$1m > -$1m

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    True... but, we have to start somewhere and +$1m > -$1m
    And don't forget we spent $1 million+ to fix up Clements.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Name college coach in their right mind that would come here, knowing they had 1 year to prove themselves. Using that logic, Alabama should have fired Saban for going 6-5 and losing to a Sun Belt school in his 1st season. It's common sense why TS was kept. In case you don't understand, it's so future coaches will want to come here. Hate to break it to you, but Summers will be here in 2018 barring an arrest.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Name college coach in their right mind that would come here, knowing they had 1 year to prove themselves. Using that logic, Alabama should have fired Saban for going 6-5 and losing to a Sun Belt school in his 1st season. It's common sense why TS was kept. In case you don't understand, it's so future coaches will want to come here. Hate to break it to you, but Summers will be here in 2018 barring an arrest.
    Saban took over a dumpster fire. Summers took over arguably one of the most talent GS teams ever, obviously the one with the most depth ever.

TK deserves criticism for a lot lately but finances he is killing it, look at Sav St for comparison on what poor financial leadership looks like. Remember this is his first AD job, I doubt he is the same AD four years from now and will grow from some of his poor decisions.

Come fall will we be adding the Sav Campus fees? That should be an additional 2-3M right?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.